Coastal Kitchen - Oasis/Allure

If you are in a suite, do you still have an assigned table at MDR? So that in case your requested reservation time for CK is not available on one or two nights, can you go to MDR for early seating?

We did. Had an assigned time. We cancelled the MDR once we were onboard.

We were able to secure CK reservation times through the Concierge (Dexter) approximately one week prior to our cruise. Just after we received his Email.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

JS just get access for dinner and require reservations. Check out the Royal Suite class page on the RCI site. It explains everything.

I understand and am fine with that. What I am referring to is a post on FB that said one of the recent Harmony trips expressly limited CK to GS and up.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I understand and am fine with that. What I am referring to is a post on FB that said one of the recent Harmony trips expressly limited CK to GS and up.

Recent? Huh...wonder indeed what is going on there? Pinnacle club special get away party? ;) You are close John...very..very close! :D

It is very limited to start with, if the GS and above heavily use it the JS will be the ones cut out.

I don't know about the FB post but it could have been that the times they wanted was not Avalible.

We are on Harmony in a GS this week and CK has been empty most of the time.

It is very limited to start with, if the GS and above heavily use it the JS will be the ones cut out.

I don't know about the FB post but it could have been that the times they wanted was not Avalible.

We are on Harmony in a GS this week and CK has been empty most of the time.

The poster said he was told that by the CK manager, and that it was posted in the compass.

If it's really busy, do pinnacle members out rank suites?

The poster said he was told that by the CK manager, and that it was posted in the compass.

Lol. Good one. Worth a good debate but I am going to say Full Suite guests. Many in Star Class already eat in Speciality Restaurants or in their cabin.

CK is offered as a Perk for those booking Full Suites.

Lol. Good one. Worth a good debate but I am going to say Full Suite guests. Many in Star Class already eat in Speciality Restaurants or in their cabin.

CK is offered as a Perk for those booking Full Suites.

FWIW, according to the website, under Royal Suite Class, JS's have access to evening dining in CK.

If you hover over the word Coastal Kitchen a pop up says reservations required. Fair enough, however, the same pop up shows up for Sky Class. A slightly different one shows up for Star Class, but still says reservations required.

So, the question seems to be reservations. I have heard that Suite guests can reserve in advance, but PC and JS's can only reserve while onboard. That could limit the available slots.

I'm really not trying to stir things up. I am genuinely concerned with how Royal will meet the expectations of a benefit the JS passengers have been promised. :confused:

FWIW, according to the website, under Royal Suite Class, JS's have access to evening dining in CK.

If you hover over the word Coastal Kitchen a pop up says reservations required. Fair enough, however, the same pop up shows up for Sky Class. A slightly different one shows up for Star Class, but still says reservations required.

So, the question seems to be reservations. I have heard that Suite guests can reserve in advance, but PC and JS's can only reserve while onboard. That could limit the available slots.

I'm really not trying to stir things up. I am genuinely concerned with how Royal will meet the expectations of a benefit the JS passengers have been promised. :confused:

We have been able to reserve our CK times through the Concierge ahead of time. Does PC get a welcome letter from the Concierge ahead of time if they are not staying in a suite?

We have been able to reserve our CK times through the Concierge ahead of time. Does PC get a welcome letter from the Concierge ahead of time if they are not staying in a suite?

I haven't gotten a Welcome letter, but didn't have any problems reserving when I got onboard (except for the Harmony TA).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

82 points. You should join us if Oct 23 MJ makes the sale flyer.

OMG...would LOVE to!! But right now we are booked for a week on the coast of North Carolina at a resort

on the beach there. Iffy right now if we will keep it, due to relatives may not make it to join us. Would much

rather be on the cruise with you and Laura to watch you get your crown! :D

Have a great cruise.
For your special order meals for dietary reasons, did you contact RCI prior to the cruise -- maybe Special Needs? Or did you make arrangements onboard. One of our traveling companions, who has a special diet, likes steamed or stir fried vegetables for her main course although things on the CK menu looked good to her.

We had dinner at the Captains Table on MJ with John Denton the HD. He told us that Empress took all of the good

sail dates for Cuba, but MJ is still marked to start the Cuba runs. From what I understand...they will be from PC. So, that still gives me hope for a mid size ship as a third ship in port to do the 3/4 Bahamas runs. But that is just still hoping on my part. Would be great if we got Rhapsody...but...alas...she is for sale. :(

MJ doing Cuba from Port C -- interesting. I guess they would keep Empress in Tampa for Cuba.

Even if RH is for sale, that might not occur. Remember MJ was slated to go to Pullmantur and RCI then kept her.

MJ doing Cuba from Port C -- interesting. I guess they would keep Empress in Tampa for Cuba.

Even if RH is for sale, that might not occur. Remember MJ was slated to go to Pullmantur and RCI then kept her.

That is what John told us, about the Cuba runs from PC, and I also found that interesting. Will see how it all progresses I guess.

Yeah, I know they canceled the sale of MJ. It was for that reason, they needed small ships for Cuba. Sadly though,

I wish they had still sold MJ and kept Legend instead. Loved that little ship, and now Rhapsody may be leaving us. :(

I adore the Radiance class as my favorite, and Vision class as a second. Guess Bucky and I are small ship peeps, but MJ is just too small for us (too many venues missing for us). I also go the other way, as we were surprised at how much we ended up enjoying Oasis again, though I think it had a lot to do with CK. ;)

That is what John told us, about the Cuba runs from PC, and I also found that interesting. Will see how it all progresses I guess.

Yeah, I know they canceled the sale of MJ. It was for that reason, they needed small ships for Cuba. Sadly though,

I wish they had still sold MJ and kept Legend instead. Loved that little ship, and now Rhapsody may be leaving us. :(

I adore the Radiance class as my favorite, and Vision class as a second. Guess Bucky and I are small ship peeps, but MJ is just too small for us (too many venues missing for us). I also go the other way, as we were surprised at how much we ended up enjoying Oasis again, though I think it had a lot to do with CK. ;)

I wish they had kept Legend and I hope they don't sell RH. It's too bad RCI did not execute the 5th option for a Radiance class while those ships were being built.

This article came into one of my emails today about Cuba travel. I think being on a ship would provide the creature comforts for Americans. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-why-american-tourists-dont-want-to-travel-to-cuba-2017-05-03

I would suspect that suites out rank pinnacle for CK. You would need to ask the manager for the real answer though.

We just got home from Harmony today. CK will be a major influence in what we book going forward. We were in a GS and book 2 more while on board. Oasis in November and Anthem next June.

We tried the MDR 1 time because our 14 year old didn't feel comfortable in CK the first day. We also went to Chops last night for my 40th birthday. Both were not nearly as good of service and I was a little disappointed we didn't go to CK for our last meal.

I wish they had kept Legend and I hope they don't sell RH. It's too bad RCI did not execute the 5th option for a Radiance class while those ships were being built.

This article came into one of my emails today about Cuba travel. I think being on a ship would provide the creature comforts for Americans. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-why-american-tourists-dont-want-to-travel-to-cuba-2017-05-03

Would have loved to have seen RCI build more than just four sisters on Radiance class also. They originally had six Vision class,

though not identical like Radiance of course.

Sigh...RCI still spending money on more Mega ships though. Symphony, Passion...and "Pulse"...(weird name for

sure). So we should call Passion and Pulse "POS" for short. ;) There may be a few of us that have heard that

term. ;p

I would suspect that suites out rank pinnacle for CK. You would need to ask the manager for the real answer though.

We just got home from Harmony today. CK will be a major influence in what we book going forward. We were in a GS and book 2 more while on board. Oasis in November and Anthem next June.

We tried the MDR 1 time because our 14 year old didn't feel comfortable in CK the first day. We also went to Chops last night for my 40th birthday. Both were not nearly as good of service and I was a little disappointed we didn't go to CK for our last meal.

That lounge is called the "Suites" lounge of course...not the Pinnacle Lounge. One solution that some ships have come up with is a temporary Pinnacle Lounge when those numbers are heavy...like a TA or first sailing of a new ship.