Pacific with a teenager

epixx

We're thinking about August British Isles cruise with our 18 year old well traveled teen. We have sailed numerous times on the larger ships (>1500 passengers), but never on a smaller one. Does the Pacific have a reasonably sized fitness center with treadmills and ellipticals? What about trivia? Are there shows at night? Are there any other nighttime activities?

Fitness center is fair sized, mostly treadmills; not sure about ellipticals. There is trivia and small shows. Look at peoples reviews. Lots of stops on the British Isles so plenty of things to do. Not sure how many teens there would be.

Being a much smaller ship than the other in the Princess fleet, most things are on a smaller scale. There is no "theater", but production shows take place in the Cabaret Lounge, which is more like the Vista Lounge on the bigger ships .... mostly small tables with dim lamp on them ..... the floor around the perimeter is slightly sloped to somewhat improve the sightline to what is happening down on the dancefloor, which is where most of the performance action is on the Pacific.

I've never checked out the fitness center, as I usually use the outdoor track on deck 11 for my daily walks.

Yes, Trivia is offered, as well as other typical activities.

Life aboard the Pacific is very different as compared to the bigger ships. It's much more low key, and relationships with fellow passengers and the staff and crew is closer because there are so few of us and we all keep seeing the same people over and over. I love it!

There's no International Café, but the buffet has food available all day. No burger grill on the pool deck, pizza is available inside the buffet area. No Anytime dining. One dining room with the usual 2 fixed seating times.

I imagine your well traveled older teen with cruising experience could adapt, as long as he/she can amuse him/herself at least part of the time.

Generally speaking, without looking up the specific itinerary you are considering, the BI itinerary is quite port intensive, so a lot of amusement onboard may be less importanf.

No burger grill on the pool deck, pizza is available inside the buffet area.

As others have posted, burgers are available on the starboard side of deck 9 (buffet and pool deck). It's says "BBQ" on the Princess website deck plan. It's not open as late as it is on the larger ships. It seems to close around 7:00 (or 8:00).

As long as your teen is more focused on the itinerary and not all of the bells and whistles of the larger ships, he or she should have a great time. We really love this ship.

Have a Great Cruise!! :D

There is no "theater", but production shows take place in the Cabaret Lounge, which is more like the Vista Lounge on the bigger ships .... mostly small tables with dim lamp on them ..... the floor around the perimeter is slightly sloped to somewhat improve the sight line to what is happening down on the dance floor, which is where most of the performance action is on the Pacific.

Most of the room is with chairs and no tables and lamps and no slope. The rear part is one step up from the front and does have some tables.

My apologies ... I mis-spoke about the burger place. I've been on the Pacific twice, the last time being 6 months ago; but I guess I have never walked thru the pool deck area on that side of the pool and didn't know it was there.

I checked the deck plan, and now that I know it is there, I will have to make sure to visit it on my upcoming fall cruise.

We're thinking about August British Isles cruise with our 18 year old well traveled teen. We have sailed numerous times on the larger ships (>1500 passengers), but never on a smaller one. Does the Pacific have a reasonably sized fitness center with treadmills and ellipticals? What about trivia? Are there shows at night? Are there any other nighttime activities?

They offer all that stuff on Pacific Princess. As others have mentioned ellipticals are in the fitness center, shows are more intimate, burgers and pizza can be had. It may be a very nice experience for your young adult. On Pacific, you get to better know the other passengers and especially the crew. The entertainment staff will be closer to the age of your teen and are very much engaged in the ship's activities. My bet is that he /she will enjoy the difference between a small vs a big ship experience. The very least is they will have cruised on a very different ship.