No formal nights on AZ, correct?

AnnetteSC

From reading this forum plus going over the trip plans, I understand that there are no designated Formal Evenings on our upcoming Quest trip (Med. beginning June 12).

Just want to make sure that I have the correct info. :)

I did read on the specialty restaurants' page that gentlemen may want to bring a jacket. Does that mean it's expected in those venues?

It is not expected. There's no reason to take a jacket unless a man just chooses to wear one.

No formal nights but they do have a "white night" on deck if you want to take something in white to wear. Approx 90% of people join in.

Great fun, at least ours was. And you don't have to wear white, and it's quite casual sine it's on deck.

I did read on the specialty restaurants' page that gentlemen may want to bring a jacket. Does that mean it's expected in those venues?

No, not at all, unless you want to bring one.

On the Quest now. No formal nights. Smart casual.

A man wearing shorts was turned away yesterday evening from the Main Dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On the Quest now. No formal nights. Smart casual.

A man wearing shorts was turned away yesterday evening from the Main Dining room.

That's a bit worrying as I thought there was no formal dress code . We sail in July and hubby was looking forward to not having to wear long trousers .

Can anyone confirm whether this is a new rule ?

It has always been the case that shorts are not accepted in the MDR and speciality restaurants. The following is in the Azamara website

"ATTIRE & PACKING TIPS

In keeping with our friendly yet sophisticated onboard environment, we encourage guests to follow a “resort casual” dress code.

Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt.

Formal evening wear is not expected nor required in our restaurants. If you prefer to dress more formally, you are welcome to do so. Please note that tuxedo rentals are not available onboard."

I think that this has been slightly relaxed on board and torn jeans are not allowed in the MDR, but smart jeans now are allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not a new rule the dress code is as follows

"bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt."

Shorts are fine in Windows in the evening