Ticked Off

I don't think all the behaviour we see as a problem (such as the inability to easily choose a specific stateroom) is unintended.

I don't know. As a potential first-time RCI cruiser, the inability to easily price out a cruise is a big turn-off. If we weren't self-limiting ourselves to sail out of Baltimore (and Carnival isn't our cup of tea), RCI's website woes would be a factor in considering who we'd sail.

I received an email from Royal yesterday about some new deployment cruises with dates in 2019. I picked the April 23, 2019 cruise on Explorer from Sydney to Seattle. The booking went fine until I got to the payment page which would not load. I tried 5 times to book. I called the 800 number and got an agent from another country that was hard to understand. I decided to wait until morning to book. Great, the price went up $140 per person. Just for curiosity I tried to book. I could get the same cabin as the previous night and all the same cabins were available. Then I got the same problem I had last night. The booking would not go thru. Being frustrated I called Crown and Anchor and basically they would not honor the price I tried to book even though I was prevented from booking the cruise at the lower price. A supervisor confirmed that there was nothing they could do. She said they update the system around midnight (when I tried to book) and that was probably the internet issue. I told her I had the same issue this morning so the updating should not be an issue. I'm frustrated. Anyone else with similar issues??? Any suggestions?

I got ticked off just reading this. I'm sorry this happened. Everyone this happens to seems powerless. I'd go off with calls as well. RCL seriously has a LOT of IT issues.