Ticked Off

I received an email from Royal yesterday about some new deployment cruises with dates in 2019. I picked the April 23, 2019 cruise on Explorer from Sydney to Seattle. The booking went fine until I got to the payment page which would not load. I tried 5 times to book. I called the 800 number and got an agent from another country that was hard to understand. I decided to wait until morning to book. Great, the price went up $140 per person. Just for curiosity I tried to book. I could get the same cabin as the previous night and all the same cabins were available. Then I got the same problem I had last night. The booking would not go thru. Being frustrated I called Crown and Anchor and basically they would not honor the price I tried to book even though I was prevented from booking the cruise at the lower price. A supervisor confirmed that there was nothing they could do. She said they update the system around midnight (when I tried to book) and that was probably the internet issue. I told her I had the same issue this morning so the updating should not be an issue. I'm frustrated. Anyone else with similar issues??? Any suggestions?

Really nothing you can do at this point besides pay the going rate if you are committed to that sailing.

And watch for the price to go back down before sailing.

i've found that when using Chrome, RC's website more often than not would lock up during bookings over the last 3 weeks. As much as i hate IE, once i switched over to that, problems seemed to go away.

I have to consistently clear the cookies in my chrome browser that are associated with the Royal Caribbean website... Very frustrating.

I had the same issue with it not taking payment in Monday night for Radiance's TP. It was fine on Tuesday Morning and luckily the price didn't increase until last night.

Same here... but I was trying to book Mariner. Even this morning, I still couldn't get it to accept my payment and it kept giving me a message "Crown & Anchor number is invalid" (but the number was correct). I ended up calling C & A this morning to book . I was also lucky that the price was the same as Monday but I had taken a screen shot and was prepared to "fight" for the price, if necessary. The C & A rep confirmed my number was correct and said it was likely a problem with the website !! :rolleyes: :eek:

I found out when trying to book with Carnival, you cannot use your cell phone.Lets you do everything, but won't let you pay when it gets to that step.It says there is an error.

Just to confirm with the other posters, RC's website is definitely not Chrome compatible. You have to use IE.

Also, they update their website over night and quite often their updates are buggy. I know that no matter whether I'm on IE or Chrome, it will not let me choose a different cabin on a booking than the one it chooses for me.

Very frustrating. And as a programmer I am appalled at their testing.

Just to confirm with the other posters, RC's website is definitely not Chrome compatible. You have to use IE.

Also, they update their website over night and quite often their updates are buggy. I know that no matter whether I'm on IE or Chrome, it will not let me choose a different cabin on a booking than the one it chooses for me.

I don't think all the behaviour we see as a problem (such as the inability to easily choose a specific stateroom) is unintended.

i've found that when using Chrome, RC's website more often than not would lock up during bookings over the last 3 weeks. As much as i hate IE, once i switched over to that, problems seemed to go away.

I have just the opposite problem. RC website only works in Chrome for me and never in MS Edge. I have not tried with Firefox.

I just use an online TA, accept their price, and then have them honor it. Then it's their problem.

They didn't have the itineraries as quickly as RCL. THe TPs weren't showing until after the price increase on the usual online sites

I usually use Firefox, but the RCCL website will only let me use it to the point of looking at cabins for any itinerary. It freezes up when I click at the point of seeing cabins and their prices. It is ridiculous. So I tried IE and it worked fine.

RCCL should be embarrassed (or their IT department fired) for having a web site that won't work with two of the most widely used browsers (Chrome and Firefox).

I usually use Firefox, but the RCCL website will only let me use it to the point of looking at cabins for any itinerary. It freezes up when I click at the point of seeing cabins and their prices. It is ridiculous. So I tried IE and it worked fine.

RCCL should be embarrassed (or their IT department fired) for having a web site that won't work with two of the most widely used browsers (Chrome and Firefox).

I get to the point of clicking on "book now" for a cruise but when I do click it the page goes white and it freezes up using Firefox.

It most certainly is Chrome compatible. I use Chrome almost exclusively and have never had a problem with Royal's website. It's possible that one of your Chrome extensions is causing a problem.

When the bookings became available on Monday afternoon, I did my research on cabins/prices, then called Royal Caribbean direct to book. I've never gotten someone who had problems with the English language.

Obviously, if you don't hop on right away, you are subjected to a price increases. The original category/price I booked on Monday has gone up over $800 per cabin as of today. Supply and Demand really jacked up prices the first week of offering. Always pays to jump on right away then you can always adjust down the line if prices drop.

I get to the point of clicking on "book now" for a cruise but when I do click it the page goes white and it freezes up using Firefox.

Same thing happens to me when I'm using Firefox! So maddening!!:mad: