Royal Caribbean Inserts Fun Into Cruise Muster Drill With Operation: Little Bear

Nah not gettin it.

What I suggest is a Concordia survivor talks about how important participating in the drill is and how so many could have been saved had that ship conducted it at the proper time. Real life is pretty convincing!

I'm not liking this at all. Some things need to be treated seriously, not as a joke. I'm sure that they have managed to insert the safety info into the video, but how many people are going to pay attention enough to extract that info?

Not sure how much attention people are paying anyway, especially on ships where muster stations are in various theaters and lounges.

The most important thing to know, is where to report.

I'm not liking this at all. Some things need to be treated seriously, not as a joke. I'm sure that they have managed to insert the safety info into the video, but how many people are going to pay attention enough to extract that info?

It's just barely inserted and hardly noticeable.

I watched it from the link. I did notice the safety parts, but they could be more obvious. I think it is too soft-spoken to be easily heard in a large room full of people. The smoking scenes could be misunderstood if people cannot hear the video and there were too many of them.

I will watch it if they are still showing it next January when we sail. Maybe the second viewing will make a difference. I give them credit for trying.

It is a bit cheesy, but I didn't think it was as awful as many people are making it out to be. I thought it hit all of the main safety points that they normally cover in the briefing. I didn't feel like it trivialized anything. I did sort of enjoy the "Wash Your Hands" song that was part of the safety briefing previously, but it is quite the earworm.

Anyhow, I think they could come up with something better for the safety video but it's not completely tragic.

Although, it's probably why they reinstituted the corkage fee. They had to recover their money somehow. LOL

We had a video last week on Anthem. First of all, not everyone could even see it. It was way too long and many people just kept talking.

It was nice for them to try to make it different, but I responded when asked on the post-cruise survey that it was too long and did not emphasize the importance of the muster drill.

They're making a very serious subject into an almost cartoon. You could have gotten a famous spokeperson to get everyone's attention. I definitely don't approve. Plus if you are of Eastern European heritage you might get offended.

The only thing I remember from my 2016 Oasis muster in Studio 1 was a 10 minute "Wash your hands" cartoon

Considering the number of people who talk throughout the presentation, doing something a little different may actually grab their attention. That being said, after watching this I hope the actual Muster Drill movie is better than the trailer.

I've never had that problem, the crew members always seem to be circulating around making sure people put their phones down and listened when ever I was around anyone noisy.