What's it like in Aft rooms

Which ship? Aft is our preferred location.

Many ships have public rooms on deck three. But that far aft you should have a MDR above you. On a Fantasy class ship you'll have more cabins.

You might vibrations while moving, definitely feel the thrusters in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which ship? Aft is our preferred location.

Many ships have public rooms on deck three. But that far aft you should have a MDR above you. On a Fantasy class ship you'll have more cabins.

You might vibrations while moving, definitely feel the thrusters in port.

Carnival Splendor. Can you here movement from the dining room?

No you don't hear anything from the dining room as it's carpeted, but you do get a lot of vibration and noise from being that far back and I'm not just talking about when docking. I haven't been in those cabins on Splendor, but I have several times on Glory and Conquest. I even replied to quite a few threads. Search cabin 2470 and you should be able to find more info.

No you don't hear anything from the dining room as it's carpeted, but you do get a lot of vibration and noise from being that far back and I'm not just talking about when docking. I haven't been in those cabins on Splendor, but I have several times on Glory and Conquest. I even replied to quite a few threads. Search cabin 2470 and you should be able to find more info.

Only time I've awoken from an earthquake was in the Splendor docking in Long Beach. We were in 7446.

Survived many SoCal quakes. The thruster vibration was the worst.

Sailed in 2470 on the Conquest. No comparison. Have booked 2477 on the Splendor, will see what happens then.

We loved the extend aft balcony. Deck 2 will have a lot of vibration, no if they are docking at 6 am it will definitely wake you up. We were on deck 8 and we still felt and heard the thrusters. The only other negative is when at dock, it's feels like you are walking forever from the forward gangway, back to your cabin

We love the Afts on both Carnival & Royal. But, just to mention we haven't ever stayed on the lower deck aft cabins. And always had a Balcony Cabin.

The Porthole cabin my son & I had a few years ago was indeed VERY loud with anchor, chains, t-Rex for all we knew!! :):) Which is a shame because I loved those two round windows and the cozy area below them where I could sit.

:D Bobbi

We'v done one once and loved it. Unfortunately my wife loves the spa cabins more so that's what we're getting. Love the views from the balcony and the size of it is a huge plus. There is some vibration but that just put me to sleep like in the old days when they had the vibrating beds in motel rooms but not quite as bad and you don't have to put quarters in it.;p

We've had an aft-wrap and a regular aft balcony. Both of which we love, love, loved!

However, I'm not sure what the appeal of an aft oceanview would be? Do they have bigger windows, and does that matter to you?

If there was no balcony we'd never even consider the aft. Not only can it be noisy, but it is a LONG walk to everywhere.

Considering relocating my room from the middle to the AFT in the corner in an ocean view.

What is it like in the aft of the ship on the 2nd floor?

On the second floor I would definitely stay mid-ship!

I usually prefer aft, but only on the higher decks.

We had an aft corner Oceanview on deck 2 and it was awesome! We had one of the extra large with 2 windows....easily could have slept like 6 people (but it was just the 2 of us) no complaints

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

That's the one we have had - 2470 on Glory and Conquest and 2473 on Glory. I agree they are awesome with the 2 windows and tons of space. But they are by no means quiet unless you are extremely hard of hearing. There were nights I gave up trying to watch TV because it was so loud. This was when we were cruising at a decent speed. The noise was constant which I actually like as it drowns out people in the hallway and the vibration puts me to sleep.

After being in these cabins 4 times, I can tell you it was the same each cruise. When going at a low rate of speed, it was quiet. But get going faster and it's very loud. We also put pieces of paper in the ceiling, mirror, and safe to keep it from rattling so much. My mom and I affectionately named 2470 (which I stayed with her twice in) "Rattletrap".

However, I'm not sure what the appeal of an aft oceanview would be? .

I normally book aft balconies because I love the view of the wake. Booked the Fantasy that has no regular balcony cabins but I booked the aft oceanview (first time in one) because it has the same view of wake.

Funny, when I first read the post regarding aft cabins on the Splendor I thought, "Tiffany or Harold would know about those cabins". Then I scrolled down and there you were replying...LOL.