Port to Port Luggage shipment after repositioning cruise?

Cruise NH

We're taking a respositioning cruise on HAL next spring to Europe. From there we will be traveling by train to various countries and returning on the QM2 from Southampton.

Has anyone ever shipped their luggage from one port to another? We don't want to take all our 'cruise clothes' with us around Europe and would prefer to have it waiting for us on the QM2.

Thank you.

we used luggage mule when we shipped from Portland to Paris.

They were cheaper than the others and it is shipped UPS. Arrived faster than promised all in good order.

They very accommodating in email and advised the best place to drop off luggage. they also provided my luggage tags one month in advance so I had them pre-cruise. Smooth as silk.

Worth taking a look at IMO. We were very pleased and pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the information, I'm assuming freestyle and mame that you used them port to port?

I will look into kazu's suggestion as well I've never heard of that company.

Left luggage doesn't work for us for obvious reasons.

I notice you also asked this on the Cunard forum. I'll relay my experience, using both Luggage Forward and White Star Luggage. To the best of my knowledge White Star is an actual part of Cunard and doesn't work with other cruise lines.

Luggage Forward is independent but has a relationship with HAL. When I booked Luggage Forward I found they would work with any cruise line but it appears they only do Sunday deliveries for HAL. That could be a problem if your QM2 crossing embarks on a Sunday. If you can't get a ship to ship transfer you could talk to either service about a modified plan, either having White Star pick up from a Rome hotel of Luggage Forward deliver a day or 2 in advance to a London or Southampton hotel.

Good luck

Roy

Yes I did ask there first but then realized that people with repositioning experience would be on this forum and I guess I was right!

The QM2 leaves on Thursday so Sunday delivery is not a problem. Thanks for your advice.

I notice you also asked this on the Cunard forum. I'll relay my experience, using both Luggage Forward and White Star Luggage. To the best of my knowledge White Star is an actual part of Cunard and doesn't work with other cruise lines.

Luggage Forward is independent but has a relationship with HAL. When I booked Luggage Forward I found they would work with any cruise line but it appears they only do Sunday deliveries for HAL. That could be a problem if your QM2 crossing embarks on a Sunday. If you can't get a ship to ship transfer you could talk to either service about a modified plan, either having White Star pick up from a Rome hotel of Luggage Forward deliver a day or 2 in advance to a London or Southampton hotel.

Good luck

Roy

Thanks for the information, I'm assuming freestyle and mame that you used them port to port?

I will look into kazu's suggestion as well I've never heard of that company.

Left luggage doesn't work for us for obvious reasons.

I had never heard of Luggage Mule either. They are a UK company that basically handles high volume and uses UPS but charge a lesser amount because of the volumes.

A roll call member posted about them and I did my research. Great reputation and they were (for us) much cheaper than Luggage Forward.

We were both very pleased with the results.

I was expecting my luggage to arrive a day after I got to the hotel and you can imagine my surprise (and delight) when the receptonist said "your luggage arrived and is waiting for you in your room".

Good luck in your search. Shipping luggage has some definite advantages even if there is a cost involved ;)

We used the service from Rome to Southampton 2yrs ago. No issues

Was that with Luggage Forward? Did you have to have your luggage stored for awhile?

Thanks for getting back to me it's nice to hear that it worked for others.

I think they held it for 2-3 days but shipping took 4 days. We had 6 or 7 days between cruises. Shipped from Port to Port. Very easy and at the time i had some physical issues so it worked well only dealing with a carry on for a week and not having to travel and lug around 2 50# suitcases.

Edited by freestyling