Verizon Smart Rewards

idraconis

• 4 weeks later...
This may be a dumb question, BUT Can I use the Verizon Smart rewards Carnival gift cards to go towards my sign and sail?

Not a dumb question and yes, you can apply the gift cards to your on-board S&S account. Just visit the Guest Relations desk after boarding and ask that the card balance be applied to your on-board account.

We purchased the eGift card a few weeks ago...we only received a receipt. Should we get an email? or something else? Our verizon account is in my husband's name and he used his email, so I don't like not being able to logon and see anything!!!

Go back into Verizon rewards and log in. Click view orders or something like that. It is there you will see the link that shows the actual 16 digit card number with the pin. At least that is how it works for me.

Getting ready to do this for the first time in a couple of weeks to pay the balance on our October cruise. Is there a fee or tax to Verizon for doing this? I know there would be one if they were mailing them to me but I plan to do eCards. Also, is it better to call Carnival to make the payments or is it easier to pay online?

Getting ready to do this for the first time in a couple of weeks to pay the balance on our October cruise. Is there a fee or tax to Verizon for doing this? I know there would be one if they were mailing them to me but I plan to do eCards. Also, is it better to call Carnival to make the payments or is it easier to pay online?

I have not paid any fees or taxes when purchasing Carnival gift cards via Verizon Rewards, just the very small postage fee to mail the physical cards. It's really easy to make a payment online via your Cruise Manager: just click on the "Pay Now" button on your booking and on the following page you can select the amount to pay and the tender type - gift card, credit card or Paypal/Masterpass.

I have not paid any fees or taxes when purchasing Carnival gift cards via Verizon Rewards, just the very small postage fee to mail the physical cards. It's really easy to make a payment online via your Cruise Manager: just click on the "Pay Now" button on your booking and on the following page you can select the amount to pay and the tender type - gift card, credit card or Paypal/Masterpass.

That's great! Thanks so much for the info.

Just curious as to how many smart points do you need tof purchase a gift card?

Not that many! :)

1000 points will allow you to purchase a $100 gift card for $ 90

5000 points will allow you to purchase a $500 gift card for $450

Can anyone tell what would happen if you apply a gift card to your sail & sign account and there's money left over, how do you get the funds back-or do you lose the remaining money?

If you apply your gift cards to your on-board account, Carnival is "supposed" to refund any leftover account credit at the end in a check. That's what I've read but have never experienced it personally. FWIW. ;)

I believe they are now permanently available. I read this on another post a few weeks ago. when I tried to buy them months ago, they would be sold out in a days time, you needed lady luck on your side. Now they are listed as the norm! woohoo!! I buy the ecards now, not the plastic gift cards you get in the mail.

Can anyone tell what would happen if you apply a gift card to your sail & sign account and there's money left over, how do you get the funds back-or do you lose the remaining money?
From the Carnival FAQ's:

• Carnival Gift Card: If guests use a Carnival Gift Card for their Sail & Sign deposit, any refundable overages will be refunded in the form of a new Carnival Gift Card.

• 5 weeks later...
From the Carnival FAQ's:

• Carnival Gift Card: If guests use a Carnival Gift Card for their Sail & Sign deposit, any refundable overages will be refunded in the form of a new Carnival Gift Card.

I know it says that but I've always gotten a check a week later. Maybe if it's $100 plus?

We are planning on using these to pay off our next cruise in a couple of weeks. Assuming E-cards work best and whatever balance is carried over goes into your onboard account, right?

If that's how you choose to use it (it's not automatic, you have to submit them to GS but some ships allow you to add OBC during check in at embarkation). You can also use it to pre-book excursions, internet service, and other things on the Carnival website.

And just a heads up, VERIZON SMART REWARDS is going to be discontinued November 1st and points will not be transferrable to their new program, so use 'em while ya got 'em!

I know it says that but I've always gotten a check a week later. Maybe if it's $100 plus?

Did you only have funds from a gift card on the S&S account or maybe some cash too? Not sure, but maybe if you had a combo of cash and gift card, they just cut one check to make it simple. Because if you use cash on your S&S and leave a remainder, the policy is to send a check.

I used cash for my son & I last year and just cashed out at one of the kiosks on the last night. Guest services will cash you out too. If you don't want to wait for a check in the mail, that is.

If you used a gift card for your S&S account, one of the methods to get cash back (instead of a new gift card) is to deposit it into a slot machine, play a couple times, then cash out. I've never done this, but read about plenty who do. I've seen people say not to do this a lot on a single cruise or they'll catch on.