First time cruiser with questions about Escape/Western Carribean

Hi!

My family of 4 (2 teen boys) is cruising for the first time on June 10. This site has been a wealth of information but sometimes this leads to more questions.

Since this is our first cruise we have no idea what 'housekeeping' items we should do after boarding and in what order. Should we head right to the box office to make reservations for Brat Pack and After Midnight? I tried to make reservations for the 2 shows online but they didn't go through. Is the box office also where I reserve time slots in the escape room? What time should we expect to be able to access our cabin?

Random other question...How long does it take to eat a 3 course meal at Taste or Savor for lunch? For dinner?

Thanks!

Since this is our first cruise we have no idea what 'housekeeping' items we should do after boarding and in what order.

After boarding and having lunch, we usually check the cabin if there are things/items that we need to ask/follow-up with our cabin steward. Then we arrange everything that we plan to do that needs reservations.. If the first time on the ship, we familiarize ourselves withy places of interest that may differ from previously sailed ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cabins generally become available around 1 to 1:30pm. Sometimes you can drop off your carry on luggage before. However, last several cruises the doors to the cabin decks have been closed until all were cabins were finished. This lets the cabin stewards work at preparing them more quickly. I haven't been on the Escape, but you might be able to book reservations on you cabin TV. Also, download iConcerige to your phone before boarding. You can use the free portion of that to book reservations usually also.

You can book the shows in advance by logging into your my ncl.com to save a line however there are other shows that are free not advertised that can be booked onboard so head to the box office/ headliners for a list. We get the shows and specialty meals all sorted in the first hour as some things are limited numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are interactive boards that you can use to book shows, you just scan your card and pick the show, dinner reservations and time that is available. You can also get the NCL app on your smart phone and use it once onboard. Have fun!

Go on my NCL.com and you will able to get the entertainment schedule so that you can have things all written down and figured out ahead of time. Brat Pack and After Midnight can be scheduled online or through the customer service phone number. If you're doing any specialty dining and the days and times you want are already gone, go to the box office or wall mounted kiosks as soon as you get on board to take care of it. Popular places like Cagney's and Teppanyaki will be sold out by sail away for the week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app