Fresh off the Oasis...any questions?

How long before departure was all aboard in St Maarten?

I'd like to do Maho Beach and watch the widebody land. If it's a day with AF from Paris then it's a 1:45 arrival and should be fine, but if it's the KLM flight then it's 3:45 and I'm not sure the timing works out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You don't have to give up your My Time reservations when you book a specialty restaurant. The reservations are in the same system.

Then the problem was in their crazy computer system. Two phone calls later I was able to purchase the package but not able to schedule the Thursday dinner to celebrate my DH's 75th birthday dinner. I hope there are some good open times when I am on board, thus my question about reservation availability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How long before departure was all aboard in St Maarten?

I'd like to do Maho Beach and watch the widebody land. If it's a day with AF from Paris then it's a 1:45 arrival and should be fine, but if it's the KLM flight then it's 3:45 and I'm not sure the timing works out.

All aboard was the standard 30 minutes before scheduled departure.

Also, give yourself lots of extra time coming back from Maho. Traffic can be bad at times.

All aboard was the standard 30 minutes before scheduled departure.

Also, give yourself lots of extra time coming back from Maho. Traffic can be bad at times.

Thanks. Right now the Wed flight (when we'll be there on Oasis next year) was KLM out of AMS.

If that stays on the schedule it's a bummer because I wouldn't try for a 3:45 arrival. Though looking at yesterday, it actually arrived before three.

Guess it's probably a "play it by ear when we get there and see how that flight is doing" kind of thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was/is dinner in the Solarium still complementary on Oasis?

It's free for everyone now, except for a couple of extra cost entrees. Those were even free for us (June 11) because of some sort of courtesy they extend to MTD people.

It's free for everyone now, except for a couple of extra cost entrees. Those were even free for us (June 11) because of some sort of courtesy they extend to MTD people.

How did you find out they were free? Is this something standard? Do I need to ask about it? We're on MTD next week and have reservations on night 2 for Solarium Bistro (with the plan to potentially go back if picky DW likes it).

How did you find out they were free? Is this something standard? Do I need to ask about it? We're on MTD next week and have reservations on night 2 for Solarium Bistro (with the plan to potentially go back if picky DW likes it).

I had read here about free entrees for MTD guests, so when I spoke to the host at the Solarium Bistro, I asked about it. He acknowledged that they have offered that courtesy to MTD guests, and assured me we were eligible. So I would do the same if I was you - speak to the host up front about the MTD thing.

So they would charge you if you didn't mention having MTD? That sounds like needing to know some secret hand shake.

I don't know, but it would not surprise me that some get charged. The menus have prices next to the lamb entree and one other.

Last time I was on Oasis we met some people who had MTD and they could not accommodate them the first night due to no availability so the MTD people used Solarium Bistro for MTD overflow. They were furious as they wanted the MTD menu and were not a fan of the healthier choices served in the Solarium Bistro. Don't think it was clear to them they could have gone to WJ & they didn't realize the Solarium Bistro had a different menu.

I had read here about free entrees for MTD guests, so when I spoke to the host at the Solarium Bistro, I asked about it. He acknowledged that they have offered that courtesy to MTD guests, and assured me we were eligible. So I would do the same if I was you - speak to the host up front about the MTD thing.

Will do. Thanks.

Thanks for the review- I thought that the filets were no longer available in Giovanni's- I guess it must vary by ship??

From what I've read, they were removed from the menu but then returned at some point. They were great on Oasis last month and I'll be having one on Oasis again Sunday night.

I have noticed on other RCCL cruises that food options are scarce after 10pm which is usually the time the Windjammer closes on most ships. I know on the Majesty it was like pizza only. What options are there on Oasis for late night dinning that is free?

I have noticed on other RCCL cruises that food options are scarce after 10pm which is usually the time the Windjammer closes on most ships. I know on the Majesty it was like pizza only. What options are there on Oasis for late night dinning that is free?

Cafe Promenade is open virtually 24 hours. Sorrento's is also open late.

Are we allowed to bring on water and soda? I have seen mixed answers on this in regards to RC rules. Also, what dining room is used for early dining guests?

Officially no, but unlikely to be taken, especially the water.

Seating of traditional dining guests I think is on Deck 3 but can vary - it will be on your Seapass card.