Pls tell me about ultimate dining.

We are going on our first cruise in November on the Allure .

I think we are going to purchase he ultimate dining package. It looks like it's $168 pp and I can use it for lunch (sea days) and dinner. We have 2 kids sailing with us a 3 year old and a 7 year old. It looks like the 3 year old is free and the 7 yr old is $10 for dinner. I can't find anything about how much lunch is for her- also $10?

If we eat dinner fairly early (6ish) will people be giving us dirty looks for having kids at these places?

Can we still make the shows (I can't find anything on RCI webpage that says what time the shows are- too early?)

Are there kid friendly menus at these places?

I have seen mention that sometimes these packages go on sale- should I wait and see if that happens with this package as well?

What should I do about our MDR reservations if we don't ever plan on eating dinner there?

We are foodies and people who know me and have cruised told me to avoid the MDR food at all costs. I am just trying to figure out the details of the package.

Any advice, reviews, etc would be appreciated. Thanks!

Children are welcome at specialty restaurants (except possibly Chef's Table) no matter the time. There are children's menus at the specialty restaurants.

I'd cancel your MDR reservations if you have no plans to eat there.

We are considering the 3-day dining package for our December 11-night cruise cruise on Serenade, and are a little confused by one of the perks. Under "Insider Tips" the following appears: Enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 in bars and dining rooms. Logic would suggest that the wine discount applies only when dining in a specialty restaurant, but the wording is not specific at all. Does anyone know if this discount on bottles of wine applies during the whole cruise?

Thanks, Pat

We are considering the 3-day dining package for our December 11-night cruise cruise on Serenade, and are a little confused by one of the perks. Under "Insider Tips" the following appears: Enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 in bars and dining rooms. Logic would suggest that the wine discount applies only when dining in a specialty restaurant, but the wording is not specific at all. Does anyone know if this discount on bottles of wine applies during the whole cruise?

Thanks, Pat

You can get the bottle of wine discount during the entire cruise, and those bottles can be shared with anyone you like.

• 1 month later...

I have never thought the food in the specialty restaurants was improved enough over the mdr that it was worth the cost for more than one visit. We just got off Empress and the main dining room food was outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If we eat dinner fairly early (6ish) will people be giving us dirty looks for having kids at these places?

Can we still make the shows (I can't find anything on RCI webpage that says what time the shows are- too early?)

Once RCI releases the show schedules on your cruise planner you can make reservations. They require 2 1/2 hours between show starting time and the dinner reservation start time, so a 6 or 6:30 dinner reservation will work fine for a 9:00 show time. Most of the shows had at least one performance at that time when we cruised the Allure this past May.

Once RCI releases the show schedules on your cruise planner you can make reservations. They require 2 1/2 hours between show starting time and the dinner reservation start time, so a 6 or 6:30 dinner reservation will work fine for a 9:00 show time. Most of the shows had at least one performance at that time when we cruised the Allure this past May.

This won't apply as with any of the dining packages you cannot make dining reservations until you are on board the ship.

Keep checking your cruise planner, as soon as show reservations are available make your reservations for the whole week. Waiting to make show reservations until you board you will find most are full and you will end up waiting in line at the venue and possible not getting in. Even with reservations get there 15 minutes early as the doors are open to those in line 10 minutes before show time. happy cruising

Can you eat in the same restaurant the whole cruise when on ultimate dining? Does it include chefs table?

Yes, you can eat in the same restaurant if you want. Does not include Chef's Table.