Question: Escape UDP Recommendations?

TXNewlyweds

We're cruising on Escape December 9-16, 2017. This will be our first NCL cruise after 2 on Royal Caribbean. We would like to make our specialty dining and show reservations as soon as they are open. For those of you who've been on Escape, what are your do not miss specialty restuarants?

I haven't been on the Escape yet, but the ones I can tell you about they have on other ships. Cagney's, the steakhouse, is awesome. I enjoy Modernos, but it isn't for everyone. It's a Brazilian Steakhouse where they bring meat around to you until you can't eat anymore. The salad bar always has other things too and is amazing. I also enjoy Le Bistro (french). Really delicious. I don't like La Cucina, but I'm biased because I can't have dairy and there isn't a lot for me to eat there.

For the other specialty restaurants unique to Escape, Food Republic is supposed to be amazing as is the tapas bar. I've only read one review about Bayamo's so can't comment on that one.

HTH

For the other specialty restaurants unique to Escape, Food Republic is supposed to be amazing as is the tapas bar. I've only read one review about Bayamo's so can't comment on that one.

Food Republic is NOT included in the UDP.

The most popular restaurants are Cagney's Steakhouse and Teppanyaki. Both will sell out of prime time reservations quickly during pre-booking and again onboard.

We like Cagney's, Teppanyaki, and the Supper Club Cabaret (which has an upcharge, but comes with an outstanding 5 course tasting menu (11 total tasting items)). We have also used our UDP to dine at Pinchos Tapas Bar (for an upcharge) and kept ordering small plates until we couldn't move.

We're cruising on Escape December 9-16, 2017. This will be our first NCL cruise after 2 on Royal Caribbean. We would like to make our specialty dining and show reservations as soon as they are open. For those of you who've been on Escape, what are your do not miss specialty restuarants?

Teppanyaki is a fun evening and the food is very good. Le Bistro & La Cuccina have excellent dishes. Wasn't that impressed with the two steak houses (Cagney's & Moderno). I'm going on the Escape in September and decided not to do the meal plan. I plan to do just one or two specialty restaurants a la carte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food Republic (not included in the SDP) was amazing.

We just returned from our 4th cruise on Escape. For the first time, we used two of our SDP meals to eat at Pincho Tapas($7 upcharge) and Bayamo ($15 upcharge.)

While we enjoy Le Bistro and Cagneys, we were very pleased with these two venues and will return to them on our next Escape cruise. We used our other SDP at Cagneys and our two Platinum dinners at Le Bistro and La Cucina. (La Cucina was OK, but you can get much of the same food in the MDR.) We also love Food Republic (ala carte) and eat there every cruise. FR is getting busy now as word is getting out, but Pincho Tapas was easy to walk into. Bayamo was pretty busy and well worth it!

Cagneys #1 loved it

Teppanyaki, loved it both times we have eaten here, My #2 my kids #1

Moderano, come hungry, they pineapple is awesome. #3

Food republic, great to get a snack or skip one of the MRD, not on the plan though.

Bayamo, The first time we ate here it was awesome, the second time not so much. Hit or miss

La cucina we have not tried, too mych good Tuscan style around our house.

Le Bistro.. Pass was not that good.

I haven't been on the Escape, but of the fleet-wide restaurants, Le Bistro is my favorite. The coq au vin is delicious and the profiteroles dessert is fantastic! Cagney's is good. In comparison to really good land-based steak houses, it's just average. But, for cruise-line food, it's very good. Teppanyaki is fun and the food is good, not great. I won't return to Moderno (over-cooked salty meat and so-so salad bar) or La Cucina (terrible). All of this is, of course, JMHO.

Not to brag or anything, but I'll be at Teppanyaki on Sunday. :D:D:D

what kind of food is Bayamo ?

It's Latin-American by chef Jose Garces. I enjoyed the Lobster (yes Lobster!) dish and my husband had a great Wagu Beef dish. Also enjoyed the Quinoa Corn Chowder and a great salad with avocado.

If this link works, here's the menu from BeyondShips.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/31533_bayamo_dinner_menu_onboard.pdf

I have been on Escape and Cagney's is my favorite. Moderno was terrible and just didn't like Teppanyaki's. La Cucina was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kind of sound like our eating styles as well, we might just do cagneys and la cucina as our 3 sdp

Hey, we'll be on the Escape that week too! Cagney!!!!!

I'm sure will see you, I am 61 , use a scooter as i have MS, my name is Kathy, so if you see me/us introduce yourself , We will just be relaxing and hanging on ship, won't be planning any excursions, maybe a little shopping.