Ice tea

Travelbug1978

Thanks, Tigger, this is helpful. You entered this response while I was composing my latest one. If you ever get down here and are able to try U.S. Sweet Tea, I would be interested in a comparison. My suspicion is that it is not as sweet as you are used to, but that is just a guess.

Thanks! I haven't tried U.S. Sweet Tea, even while I was in Florida, because I am always so thrilled to be able to get the unsweetened variety but I would assume that even if it is as sweet it would still taste more like tea than our iced tea does. I will try to remember to check it out for comparison next time. :)

I only drink tea at lunch time cause it keeps me up all night! I did have tea a couple of times in Horizon Court and it was pretty good tea. This was cold unsweet tea. I'm thinking they had tea bags and hot water also.

If you like 'Nestea", then what the ship serves should be fine. I like real "brewed" tea over ice (with sugar, of course! We call it "sweet tea")...I find the tea on ships to be a bit strong and bitter for me, but a dash of water helps! Simply add sugar and stir and stir and stir..the sugar WILL dissolve and you'll have your sweet tea.

If you like 'Nestea", then what the ship serves should be fine. I like real "brewed" tea over ice (with sugar, of course! We call it "sweet tea")...I find the tea on ships to be a bit strong and bitter for me, but a dash of water helps! Simply add sugar and stir and stir and stir..the sugar WILL dissolve and you'll have your sweet tea.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like it would taste anything like the iced tea that is drunk in Canada. Love it or hate it, and I hate it, Canadian iced tea isn't very much like tea.

Here is a strange question , thinking about making own tea with bags. Would room service put ice cubes in coffee pot they would bring for coffee and put water only in it?. At least the tea would start to get cold.

I don't see why not. They do it in the Horizon for my wife every time she makes her own tea from hot water at the table. What's wrong with the ice in your room?

Another vote for brewed unsweetened tea!! When I am looking forward to a cold refreshing drink and get served a sweet tea.. it's even more disappointing than expecting chocolate chips in a cookie to discover it's raisins!! So surprised to hear about the Canadian preference for essentially what back in the day in the US used to be called instant tea...horrible stuff in my opinion...but that makes the world go around. I learned something today!

Thanks for the info. My friend from BC will bring me some Canadian candy too. I like the one (I think called) Krispy ? It is a layered cracker candy with some coffee cream covered in chocolate. It comes is a yellow wrapper. I forget the name because I ate them all. She also brings me Oh Henry bars (small ones). The Canadian ones seem to have more nugget(spelling?) in them. They are good too. But alas, poor me, ate them all!

The candy bar is called a Coffee Crisp. If you have a Cost Plus World Market near you, you can buy them there.

We are going to be on the coral next month. I know it says ice tea and lemonade are included. I am canadian so my version of ice tea (nestea) is different then what Americans call iced tea (cold tea). What kind is on the boat.

It took me a while to realize this, Travelbug, but the easy answer for you is to bring the Nestea powder packets with you and make your own. Based on what I've read and learned in the last couple days, I'm pretty sure that you would not be happy with the Iced Tea that is served on Princess ships.

Have a great cruise.

The candy bar is called a Coffee Crisp. If you have a Cost Plus World Market near you, you can buy them there.

Thank you. They are really good. She bring me a bunch when she comes for the winter season. I am going to do a search on the market you posted.

Edit:

No store near me. BUT I can order them on line from the store. Thank you so much.

Edited by geocruiser

MTdreaming: I would like to inform you that statement about the Canadian preference for iced tea is what you in the US think of as instant tea is not true. There are many Canadians here that do not like Nestea but actually prefer brewing tea & letting it cool. I personally make my iced tea by going to Teavana & buying bulk loose tea & then brew it in a tall container. I have tried sweet tea & do not like it although we have friends south of the border who think it is great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums