Linking Reservations Nonsense

There are 4 couples going on Allure next January. 2 couples booked through Costco (separately) and 2 booked through Royal Caribbean (separately). The 2 couples that booked through Royal called Royal and asked for all of the reservations to be linked. The 2 couples that booked through Costco called Costco and asked for all of the reservations to be linked.

The couples who booked through Royal show the other reservations under "linked reservations" online.

The couples who booked through Costco still show nothing under "linked reservations" online.

In turn, the couples who booked through Royal are only able to make MTD or specialty dining reservations with each other. Additionally (and oddly), the couples who booked through Costco are only able to make MTD or specialty dining reservations with each other. No one can make an 8 person reservation.

What is going on?

We've reached out to Royal via email waiting for a response. Any suggestions or thoughts on what's wrong or who who we should contact? The initial call center reps aren't very helpful.

Since they were booked under different agents.. those agents "own" those reservations. I am a TA and I have had to work with the agent to give permission to link the reservations.... Royal cannot link them unless both agents call and say it is ok one to give permission one to accept the permission. It is crazy. I have 16 cabins on my reservation and for the life of me I cannot get the other 2 booked with another agent linked without 4-5 phone calls... keep trying

We were put on hold by Costco, who called Royal, and did the "linking." Nothing is showing up online and we can't make any 8 person reservations.

Is there something different I need to ask of Royal or Costco at this point?

Guessing that the reservations from the travel agency are part of a group, and those cannot be linked with others not in that group. If this is the case, then you will have to make arrangements on the ship.

Guessing that the reservations from the travel agency are part of a group, and those cannot be linked with others not in that group. If this is the case, then you will have to make arrangements on the ship.

Do you think this could be the case if these two reservations were made separately under different Costco memberships?

Do you think this could be the case if these two reservations were made separately ...

Sure, the travel agency can put anyone they want (on the same sailing of course) in the same group.

If you have their reservation numbers (not their group number) you should be able to link them in your cruise planner. There is a link that says something like "don't see your cruise". I recall you can click on that link enter the RSVP # and last name. Then the reservations will show up when you long into your cruise planner. It's been several months since I linked all three of our reservations so I could be a little foggy on this.

Then when you go to book something there should be a tab asking if you want to add somebody from another reservation. Then your other people should be able to be added.

I did this for two other reservations for our upcoming October Oasis cruise. I linked ours, DS & DIL, and 2 GD. We aren't booked in a group, but the other two cabins are in a group.

I just made some reservations for all us for an excursion by clicking "add from another reservation" and it worked fine. I have also bought drink packages by just logging into their reservation (DS not the GD's)

We're experiencing this as well but on an upcoming Celebrity cruise. DW & I, along w/ two other couples are booked via our agent's group cruise, another couple are booked through their preferred agent. According to our agent who has the group cruise, she can't linked them. The other agent says she linked them but nothing is showing. We're going to roll the dice and deal with it when we board & hope for the best.

I wouldn't spend more time or effort trying to link all 4 bookings. As mentioned in this thread, for dining, once you are on the ship (the 1st afternoon), go to the MTD restaurant and request a table for 8 and give all the names and 4 cabin numbers. It's easier to get this set up on the ship than through RCI at home. There are more tables for 8-10 than 2. We have MTD and always get ask if we want to share.

As for booking shows on cruise planner, there is the option to add other people from different reservations. You only need their full name and reservation #. I've done this for my parents' booking and have no problems without having to link their booking to ours.

We booked 4 reservations through the same travel agent. They did get linked and I still couldn't get the MTD reservations to work. I ended up calling and had a RCI rep do it. I think it's the website not working too well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was trying to link another couple to our MTD and couldn't so we went to the dining room that night and I informed them I had two other couples joining us and no problem. We were all seated together and had the same table for the rest of our cruise.

I called Costco again this morning. Costco called Royal and confirmed that all of our reservations are linked, however we will not be able to see the link when we log into Royal's website. Royal advised Costco, to advise us, that we should all book separate My time dining and Specialty restaurants for the same time. Because we are linked in the system the restaurants will know we need a table for 8. Does anyone actually believe this will happen? I am tempted to cancel the two Costco bookings and re-book directly with Royal.

I called Costco again this morning. Costco called Royal and confirmed that all of our reservations are linked, however we will not be able to see the link when we log into Royal's website. Royal advised Costco, to advise us, that we should all book separate My time dining and Specialty restaurants for the same time. Because we are linked in the system the restaurants will know we need a table for 8. Does anyone actually believe this will happen? I am tempted to cancel the two Costco bookings and re-book directly with Royal.

Whatever they tell you, I would confirm with the MTD desk as soon as I board.

We've been told the same about the reservation system knowing that passengers were linked & it didn't work. It wasn't a problem though. Everyone made their own separate reservations for the same time & upon embarkation, we all trouped up to the My Time Dining desk & had our reservations linked there.

I have a similar problem with my bookings. I have 4 rooms so I also have 4 separate reservation numbers and I booked all of them together through Costco. I called and had them all linked together. When I tried to book shows or dining I could get 3 of the reservations to reserve the spaces together. However on the fourth one for some reason it would never work. Called multiple times and everyone said that reservations are linked together so no problem. The other 3 reservations show that all 4 are linked together. The other reservation says that there are none linked. I emailed the dining department to make sure that we were seated together and we were.

I have a similar problem with my bookings. I have 4 rooms so I also have 4 separate reservation numbers and I booked all of them together through Costco. I called and had them all linked together. When I tried to book shows or dining I could get 3 of the reservations to reserve the spaces together. However on the fourth one for some reason it would never work. Called multiple times and everyone said that reservations are linked together so no problem. The other 3 reservations show that all 4 are linked together. The other reservation says that there are none linked. I emailed the dining department to make sure that we were seated together and we were.

Where do I find contact info for the dining department?

sorry to hijack but other than having all couples grouped together for MTD reservations, whats the (other) benefits of linking?

Specialty restaurant people can see all the linked staterooms too. For example, if you walk up to a specialty restaurant and want to make reservations for the next night, they will be able to see the entire group and more easily make the reservation for all.