Taking water bottle on board

Hello.

I was wondering if we are able to take water bottles on board Epic in out carry ons? My mom can't drink Aquafina. Are we allowed to bring a case of water if we carry it on? Or just put a few in our carry on?

Thanks!

No.

You can't get them through security in your carry on. Pretty sure the drink machine inside the terminal is Coke. You could buy a few bottles of Dasani from that machine and take those on in your carry on. Of course, it's a drink machine in a cruise terminal, so it may be a ridiculous price.

Hello.

I was wondering if we are able to take water bottles on board Epic in out carry ons? My mom can't drink Aquafina. Are we allowed to bring a case of water if we carry it on? Or just put a few in our carry on? Thanks!

The Epic has sailed out of a couple of different terminals at Port Canaveral. Not sure what would be available wrt a drinks machine in each of the PC terminals.

NCL: Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

Hello.

I was wondering if we are able to take water bottles on board Epic in out carry ons? My mom can't drink Aquafina. Are we allowed to bring a case of water if we carry it on? Or just put a few in our carry on?

Thanks!

I can't drink Aquafina either so I purchase, once onboard, another kind that has no after-taste.

I asked and received this reply from headquarters.

We have the Following on board Excluding Aquafina.

Aqua Panna 750mL $5.50

Perrier 193ml - $2.50

Perrier 750ml - $4.50

A dozen bottles ordered from room service of Aqua Panna serves my purpose, along with a 1/2 dozen or so of empty small water bottles that I pack for the conveinence of carrying.

I skip purchasing something else onboard to "PAY for the 'bottled" water that I can and desire to drink.

NCL does have some premium still and spring water available like Acqua Panna, but it is pretty pricey. The only "regular drinking water" in bottles they have is all Aquafina brand.

Note that the alcohol drink package does not include bottled water on NCL like you'll find on other lines, so purchasing it separately is the only way to get it in a bottle. I'm sure you can get a glass of filtered water any time you like (it tastes good to us), but that doesn't help with the convenience factor.

And here we go with the almost daily water question.

You can not take water onboard.

You can buy water on the ship, or drink the FREE and EXCELLENT water using glasses or empty water bottles.

Thanks everyone. And sorry about asking. I know many people have already asked, but there are so many threads to go to it was just easier to ask.

There is NO need to apologize for asking a question, no matter how many times someone asks or starts a thread. It's NEW to them!

Cruise lines change policy, and if... 'normal/ new cruisers/new to the cruise line' ...desires a quick answer it's perfectly acceptable.

Not everyone is a 'professional C.C. poster '... (On this site 24 hours a day as some are.)

There would be NO NEED for the site Cruise Critic to survive if we only listened or accepted one or two people to answer a question....It's called open discussion...for a reason...to discuss different ways of handeling a concern to them....NOT the professionals way.

Enjoy your cruise, and ignore the people who post negativity and are IN the thread for no other purpose except to put a poster down.

There is NO need to apologize for asking a question, no matter how many times someone asks or starts a thread. It's NEW to them!

Cruise lines change policy, and if... 'normal/ new cruisers/new to the cruise line' ...desires a quick answer it's perfectly acceptable.

Not everyone is a 'professional C.C. poster '... (On this site 24 hours a day as some are.)

There would be NO NEED for the site Cruise Critic to survive if we only listened or accepted one or two people to answer a question....It's called open discussion...for a reason...to discuss different ways of handeling a concern to them....NOT the professionals way.

Enjoy your cruise, and ignore the people who post negativity and are IN the thread for no other purpose except to put a poster down.

Thanks. And no, I won't let the negativity get to me! I'm looking really forward to this cruise.

Hello.

Thanks!

Unfortunately NCL does not allow you to bring beverages on board. You have a couple of ways to solve your problem. The first, and I think the easiest is to carry on a water bottle ( as opposed to a bottle of water) and refill it at a water station or have a bar tender refill it. This is basically the same water that you get in any dining establishment on the ship, and is the same water that is used to make ice on the ship. The water that you receive is highly filtered and most people think that it is odorless and tasteless, ie., pure water. If that doesn't work for your mom, then someone above gave you some suggestions about other still waters that you can purchase.

Don't let the complainers get you down, just ignore them or use the ignore feature so that you never have to see them.

There's a good chance that you will have additional choices on onboard available for purchase. Our last cruise NCL offered us San Benedetto. It didn't have additional sodium and tasted great. We had zero swelling issues two weeks in hot Mediterranean. I was thrilled that NCL offered it.

You can buy water on the ship, or drink the FREE and EXCELLENT water using glasses or empty water bottles.

Why would you slam the OP like this. The OP asks a simple question and should not expect to get a lot of back lash. Lots of us are willing to answer the question, politely and professionally.

Grumpy are you ? Did you not get your cruise fix ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gee, now I remember why I stopped coming to CC. Its simple, if you don't like a question, just keep on scrolling.No need to TRY to show your superior!

Why would you slam the OP like this. The OP asks a simple question and should not expect to get a lot of back lash. Lots of us are willing to answer the question, politely and professionally.

Okay, maybe I should get slapped with a few wet noodles.

But... this topic is usually on the very first page of the posts, and people ask instead of reading. Many folks do not take the time to read the active threads right in front of them. Sorry.

Okay, a few more noodles. Maybe even an empty water bottle. LOL!

Thanks everyone. And sorry about asking. I know many people have already asked, but there are so many threads to go to it was just easier to ask.

You can't win here. There are many self-appointed forum moderators who impose their own version of the rules. If you had found a thread that was a few months old and asked on it they would jump on you for resurrecting an old thread. If you post a new thread they waste everyone's time saying "this is an old question, try searching next time."

It always amuses me that they join the threads to say the thread shouldn't exist. You clearly identified the subject of the thread, so you did everything exactly right, in the proper order, with due respect to fellow forumites who may not want to read a thread about water. The fact that some join in to say their tired of joining in ... well, that should be a self-correcting problem, right?

You can't win here. There are many self-appointed forum moderators who impose their own version of the rules. If you had found a thread that was a few months old and asked on it they would jump on you for resurrecting an old thread. If you post a new thread they waste everyone's time saying "this is an old question, try searching next time."

It always amuses me that they join the threads to say the thread shouldn't exist. You clearly identified the subject of the thread, so you did everything exactly right, in the proper order, with due respect to fellow forumites who may not want to read a thread about water. The fact that some join in to say their tired of joining in ... well, that should be a self-correcting problem, right?

No, it seems that I can't win. And yes, it should be a self correcting problem. If you don't want to read another thread about water bottles, don't click and read it and be grumpy about it. I know that there are other threads asking the same question, but it was just easier to ask anyways.

Once you and your bag goes through the check in point there are soda and water machines. Last time I bought a few bottles and had no problems, but truthfully the ship water was pretty good. They cost $2.00 in the machines!