Oasis 6, 7 and 8

Lets get rid of the buffets , all the bars, pools and all entertainment. Then put more cabins in as a result the price of cruising would be so much cheaper. While we are at it lets eat off of paper plates and just throw our garbage overboard, clean our own cabins and do our own laundry. Then lay off all those workers to put passengers in their cabins. We can really trim the fat , i think you are onto something here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That was tried under the brand "Easycruises" a subsidary of Easyjet where you could daily choose to have your cabin cleaned or not- AC was extra per day- towels were charged for each......

I think they went out of business after 2 summers.... had one smaller ship sailing the Med on a 7 day loop where you could hop on and off at every port and paid your cruise daily like a hotel!:cool:

Edited by germanfflyer

No space for those without a split hull design of Oasis class, but just for you I'm sure they'll include just as many other useless money grubbing venues.

Exactly! But are we sure Icon does not have the split hull?

The split hull is the worst part of the Oasis-class!

Total disaster! So sad!:D

Each oasis class ship generates a little under 9 million per week on a seven day cruise. Net profit runs about 650,000 per week. The bigger the the ship the bigger the profit, as long as they can fill a ship there is no stopping. RCL is planning on spending 6 billion on new ships through 2022. happy crowded cruising

I've been thinking about this a bit and there is no way they are only netting $650,000/week profit. That is only a bit over $33 million per year, which means it would take over 30 years to recoup the initial build cost of $1.3 billion (not accounting for the costs of dry docks and routine maintenance/repair over that same time period). There is NO WAY it takes them that long to recoup cost. I am guessing it takes 3 to 5 years to recoup initial investment.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post though?

Dan.

I think that net profit is on top of the payment on the debt. The 7% profit margin sounds about right.

THAT makes more sense. I figured I was missing something. Thanks.

Dan.

Apparently MSC likes it for their upcoming World Class ships:

msc-world-class3.jpg

Too bad:( just to sell more balconies:rolleyes: but maybe they do a better job than putting a fing carousel in there.......seems like they at least have an open back ro see the ocean which already is a big plus to the claustrophobic space RCI created on the Oasis-class!

I think you may have preferred an Oasis ship without the Abyss.

I think so too!

I was told by others that without that lame slide you would see the ocean from the Flowrider but on Harmony that big metal construction for the entrance to Abyss makes it impossible to have a good view to the wake or the ocean! :(

I will not sail on anything Oasis or larger. The Freedom class is still too big for me and even our last cruise it was so crowded in the promenade. I would much rather sail on something Brilliance or smaller. I love to gaze at the sea and feel like I am at sea. The rocking is comforting.

I will not sail on anything Oasis or larger. The Freedom class is still too big for me and even our last cruise it was so crowded in the promenade. I would much rather sail on something Brilliance or smaller. I love to gaze at the sea and feel like I am at sea. The rocking is comforting.

Oasis-class is just not a real ship-feeling BUT that is what the amusement-park crowd is looking for!

Bling-bling is what they want - not the feeling of being on the ocean on a ship!

It is just a very different clientele that favours Oasis-class!

Oasis-class is just not a real ship-feeling BUT that is what the amusement-park crowd is looking for!

Bling-bling is what they want - not the feeling of being on the ocean on a ship!

It is just a very different clientele that favours Oasis-class!

I didn't realize you were a sociologist

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think so too!

I was told by others that without that lame slide you would see the ocean from the Flowrider but on Harmony that big metal construction for the entrance to Abyss makes it impossible to have a good view to the wake or the ocean! :(

We've been on the inaugural of the Harmony and booked first a board walk cabin at the end to enjoy the ocean view - after they released the news about this slide, we changed to an ocean view balcony cabin.

But for me Allure was nice to see and Harmony the end for the Oasis Class cruise plans.

But I guess RCCL has the focus on the big amount of guests, I prefer now the Jewel Class, because the Voyager and Freedom class lost thru "redesign" their original feeling.

Interesting that two folks who don't like Oasis ships sailed the Harmony on her inaugural runs.

Never, ever book innaugurals

That has nothing to do with layout!

She was sailing for more than 5 month when I got on - the problems she has still exist today!

So it has nothing to do with maiden or inaugural runs!

That has nothing to do with layout!

She was sailing for more than 5 month when I got on - the problems she has still exist today!

So it has nothing to do with maiden or inaugural runs!

I like the layout.

FWIW, there are a lot of people who do as well.