Summit Live (ly) 6/04/17

crisp1

On our way back to NJ- today was sunny but windy- they did get races in today.. Some other movies Hawshaw Ridge, The Shack :cool:

Lobster and Beef Wellington tonight- wearing the white dinner jacket/ tux :)

But if I wasn't a long time Celebrity cruiser I might not know to ask for these items. I would just think they we did not get them. Since there is nothing in the stateroom stating these are provided upon request. Every time I sail they have taken away one more item in the stateroom that I have to ask our cabin steward why we don't have it.

We do use the robes, as then we have less to pack. People complain about packing formal clothes well, robes take up a lot of space also.

So I guess we will agree to disagree on this subject.

Your point about not knowing enough to ask is well taken. Perhaps there should be a welcome letter that outlines the entitlements and then you know to ask for what you really want, and when.

In less i'm wrong, why in the world would i want to use slippers or a robe that someone else used before!! I rather bring my own even if they were sanitized after each use. No thanks

Do you bring your own towels as well? If so, what is the difference?

Do you bring your own towels as well? If so, what is the difference?
👍

You can add sheets, pillow cases, and how about using a fork or spoon that someone else put into their mouth. Drinking out of a cup or glass that was used by someone else.

The worse would be a wash cloth. No telling where that was. 😱

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

In less i'm wrong, why in the world would i want to use slippers or a robe that someone else used before!! I rather bring my own even if they were sanitized after each use. No thanks

You use sheets and towels on the ship that have been used before. They have been washed just like the bathrobes.

I have never seen the slippers, but I assume they are like the ones many hotels provide. They are new and made to be thrown away at the end of the cruise.

just curious Did you leave Bermuda early yesterday. I tuned into the port cam but you were already gone.

Bermuda is an hour earlier than Eastern- 3:30 ish just behind NCL-now we get an extra hour of sleep ( or partying) but we're way ahead today-great day at sea- music by the pool- lot's of 'last minute' deals- tonight was spent saying good byes to all our fave bartenders and wait crew- booked 2 'future' cruises with $ 100 pp down payment with 2 perks- can cancel anytime with no penalties- no brainer

For those with 'select' dining I recommend making reservations before boarding for at least the first night and Friday's 'chic' night with lobster and beef wellington- I didn't find the lobster to be anything special though. Even though the Cosmopolitan was opened for breakfast the day of debarkation- it was only opened on deck 5- by 8 am it was full and they started seating us in the area that belongs to the other restaurant- however no one mentioned this to the maitre-d- no water, coffee or juice for 20 minutes until the maitre-d finally noticed and re- assigned waiters to our area- ran out of cranberry, tomato and V-8 juice.

Can you tell me if there are any live shows on the ship? We saw Saturday Night Fever last year on Royal Carribean It was really good

Thank you

They were all 'live'- not sure what your question is- Comedians, magicians, etc were all live- This past week had James Guidice's Billy Joel Tribute, Imagic, Intimate Broadway Caberet, Comedian Phil Palisoul and Wayne Cotter, Captain Kate and IHollywood

Can you tell me if there are any live shows on the ship? We saw Saturday Night Fever last year on Royal Carribean It was really good

Thank you

Although there are production shows that have "Broadway style" entertainment, there are no versions of any actual Broadway show.

But if I wasn't a long time Celebrity cruiser I might not know to ask for these items. I would just think they we did not get them. Since there is nothing in the stateroom stating these are provided upon request. Every time I sail they have taken away one more item in the stateroom that I have to ask our cabin steward why we don't have it.

We do use the robes, as then we have less to pack. People complain about packing formal clothes well, robes take up a lot of space also.

So I guess we will agree to disagree on this subject.

That's what all of the cruise lines are counting on as they continue to cut. As the old passenger clientele move on and are replaced by new passengers eventually they won't have to provide any of the things mentioned because nobody will know about them.

Do you bring your own sheets and towels? I don't see any difference in using them as long as they are both washed. As a matter of fact I think the sheets and towels have been in more places and situations than the bathrobe has. I never received slippers. I wear my pool slides but I think the slippers are disposable.