Sea princess cabin question

:confused::confused:You i booked a New Zealand cruise on a special deal and have been given a cabin with obstructed view. I'm on an upgrade list. I would rather cancel or pay for inside cabin than look at a lifeboat for 14 days. Also right opposite lift and stairs and under passageway on deck above. (Heavy footsteps a problem). First time on princess cruise. Has anyone else had one of these cabins??

Edited by Cruisinggoddessprincess
Spelling error

:confused::confused:You i booked a New Zealand cruise on a special deal and have been given a cabin with obstructed view. I'm on an upgrade list. I would rather cancel or pay for inside cabin than look at a lifeboat for 14 days. Also right opposite lift and stairs and under passageway on deck above. (Heavy footsteps a problem). First time on princess cruise. Has anyone else had one of these cabins??

Ā 

Ā 

Pretty much always book near the lift lobby, never had an issue with noise.

Ā 

Many obstructed cabins have only limited obstruction, often only blocking you from looking straight down.

I would stay with that cabin if I was you. Having natural light from the window is an advantage, but if you don't want to look at the lifeboat, you can leave the curtains closed. We have sometimes been right near the stairs/lift and find it very convenient.

Pretty much always book near the lift lobby, never had an issue with noise.

Ā 

Many obstructed cabins have only limited obstruction, often only blocking you from looking straight down.

Ā 

If it's Dolphin deck on Sea Princess the lifeboats do obstruct the windows but, hey, if the price was good it's probably worth keeping that cabin.

Thank you sooo much. That has convinced me to look for another cruise if they don't upgrade us soon. That is rubbish that you can pay the same for that as an unobstructed cabin. I know we got a good special but I'd rather not look at a boat.

I still think an obstructed view cabin is better than an inside. You mention that you got a special. If the cabin costs the same as an inside one, you can always leave the curtains closed and you will still get a little bit of natural light. Also, there is always a chance you will be upgraded to an unobstructed view cabin. :)