Is anyone STILL waiting to get their double points from Barclay PCL credit card?

rgmacm

Is anyone else out there STILL waiting for Barclay to get their issues resolved with reward points for PCL purchases?

....and before anyone says "There are already threads about this"....

I KNOW.... There are actually two that I know of .....and I've read them both...from beginning to end....every post... That's how I found out about this issue in the first place.

From what I understand from the ends of those threads, most of those individuals have seen a resolution to their problem....they have gotten their double points.

We have not. :(

By Way of Information: Yes, we've called them....several times.

Yes, we've emailed them....several times.

We've waited the required 7-10 days...and MORE

We've even patiently waited almost the entirety of the "up to 30 days" they say is "could" take...even though I know that's just an insurance policy for Barclay to keep people at bay.... and NOTHING!!!

On the phone this evening, a Supervisor/Acct Manager said she had not heard anything about a problem with Princess cards or reward points...That this was NOT a problem with Barclay... and we were the only ones this had happened to. Yep....It was a VERY frustrating phone call to say the least.

At this point, we're deciding what credit card to use on final payment (in a few days) as I want to earn benefits on whatever card we use.... I really WANT the OBC with Princess, but to be honest...OBC is really only useful while on a cruise....it doesn't have a lot of value after you get home. :rolleyes:

So....is anyone out there besides us STILL waiting??

Edited by rgmacm

I really WANT the OBC with Princess, but to be honest...OBC is really only useful while on a cruise....it doesn't have a lot of value after you get home. :rolleyes:

OBC does not have value after you get home, but applying the points to your Princess credit card charge does.

I know...but the way I understand the terms, it can only be applied if there's a Princess charge on that statement. After we make final payment in the next few days, (and the bill is paid) there won't be any more PCL charges on the statement.....and no, we're not ones who 'always have something booked'. can't do that.....

...am I misunderstanding the credit card terms??

No, you do not have to have a Princess charge on your current statement. Any Princess charge, or other travel charge (airfare, hotel, cruise, etc) within the last 180 days works. The redemption % depends on the $ amount of the charge you choose to redeem against. Once Barclays worked out the kinks, it is easy to do online.

Lynn

Wow that must be frustrating. It took about a week for mine to post. I had emailed twice and called once. They played dumb with me too about any problems on their end.

All I can think of is that perhaps it's the way your Princess purchase was made, i.e. the vendor? Did you book directly with Princess?

Ours was finally worked out after 5 months.....many phone calls and transfers to supervisors . My patience was being tested .............but it was all worth it.

We finally received $1600 statement credit with the new way. The old way we would have received $1000.

Rocklinmom: No, our purchase was directly with Princess...no vender.

We were promised a follow-up call from this Supervisor/Acct Manager this evening after 6 pm. Shocking that it didn't come (dripping sarcasm here....)

Last night, I tested the waters by making a $5 cruise payment - I'm sure my PVP will get a kick out of THAT one so close to final payment date. :) I just wanted to see if they got the points right before using that card for the 'big payment'. This morning, the charge had posted but no points. If it's not showing as TEN points by tomorrow, I'll call and change final payment to my Costco card. At least with them, I KNOW I'll get the 3%.

Edited by rgmacm

yesterday I decided to redeem my points for one of our cruises. It's a very confusing system. Redemption is based on the amount you charged and I just charged $4000 which was $1 short of the higher redemption value. Too confusing.

We just noticed we did not receive double points from our Onboard Account charges on Majestic Princess in May. I thought maybe it could take 1-2 cycles for the points to post. Are people having to call in and request their double points?

I don't think email is gonna get it. I just called again and was told to call back on the 19th if not taken care of before then. Told them I was going to cancel the payment and pay it with another cc. Like they care.

I just checked online to see if my points have been corrected. I noticed on the home page that my total points balance had really jumped up since the other day without having made enough charges to the card to account for the increase. I then looked at my transactions to see if they had given me the double points for Princess purchases that had previously shown only one point per dollar spent. Those same 3 Princess purchases still showed only a single point per dollar spent.

I then added up those 3 purchases to get a total of the points I was missing. That total was equal to the amount my current points balance had suddenly jumped up above the amount of purchases made since my last points redemption.

So, after that math exercise, it seems that I have been credited with the missing points in my point balance but not in my individual transaction statements.

I seems like a poor way to correct a problem.

Just made my cruise payment 6/6. Checked my transactions since last statement today and was not rewarded double points. Called 866-928-3106 and a manager (Janeeka) answered and immediately added the missing points. Maybe if anyone wants to call today will get some good service

Just made my cruise payment 6/6. Checked my transactions since last statement today and was not rewarded double points. Called 866-928-3106 and a manager (Janeeka) answered and immediately added the missing points. Maybe if anyone wants to call today will get some good service

Thank you so much for that phone number. It is not one I had. I called and they also rectified my account to reflect the proper points. Kudos to you :D

I finally got my double points after several calls. I just redeemed 4,100 points for a statement credit. I did this online and the message said it could take 7-10 days for the transaction to show up. The $1450 credit was posted to the account the next day.

But, I noticed that the final payment for our upcoming cruise, 5,100, is missing from the list of credits available to redeem. When I called about it, I was informed that it can't be added on line, but when I'm ready to redeem the points, I can call and it will be done manually. Huh?

This past week, we had an alert/hold placed on our account because a couple of our charges looked "suspicious." It took four phone calls to get that mess straightened out.

I'm about ready to quit using the Princess Visa card for anything except Princess charges. Maybe because we pay the balance off every month, they would prefer that we not use it. It's getting to be more trouble than it's worth.