Cancelled Shore excursion

dgcruises

Recently was checking my credit card balance and spotted 2 refunds marked cruise.

Contacted my TA who did not know what they were for but she called and was told it was for a cancelled shore excursion.

Now I guess this is going to occur from time to time but I was disappointed that we did not receive an email advising us that it was cancelled. Is this the norm and its up to us to keep looking at our booked items to ensure we are up to date?

Has anyone received emails or calls? I was wondering if this lapse in service was to do with the mess the website is in.

In our experience, your TA should have received the cancellation notice and informed you, if you had booked directly with Celebrity then they would have informed you.

We have only had a few excursions cancelled over many years....really frustrating when it does happen though....

TA claims nothing was advised to them.

Hopefully this will be the only excursion cancelled.

I was also under the impression that we can cancel excursions up to a believe I was told 2 days prior to the excursion. Reading the terms and conditions however I couldn't find this mentioned. Can anyone confirm cancellation rules and where they are printed.

TA claims nothing was advised to them.

Hopefully this will be the only excursion cancelled.

I was also under the impression that we can cancel excursions up to a believe I was told 2 days prior to the excursion. Reading the terms and conditions however I couldn't find this mentioned. Can anyone confirm cancellation rules and where they are printed.

I found this on the old website. Here's a link: http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions I found it under Onboard Experiences/Shore excursions. I believe the cancellation they are talking about is YOUR right to cancel.

245581.gif245581.gif245581.gif

I found this on the old website. Here's a link: http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions I found it under Onboard Experiences/Shore excursions. I believe the cancellation they are talking about is YOUR right to cancel.

245581.gif245581.gif245581.gif

Thanks will have a look plus I have emailed shorex@celebrity.com requesting full details of the cancellation policy

Recently was checking my credit card balance and spotted 2 refunds marked cruise.

Contacted my TA who did not know what they were for but she called and was told it was for a cancelled shore excursion.

Now I guess this is going to occur from time to time but I was disappointed that we did not receive an email advising us that it was cancelled. Is this the norm and its up to us to keep looking at our booked items to ensure we are up to date?

Has anyone received emails or calls? I was wondering if this lapse in service was to do with the mess the website is in.

We had an excursion cancelled for our May 19 cruise. Found out via the credit card company. Celebrity never notified us before or during the cruise

We had one cancelled about 18 months ago on out Australia/New Zealand cruise. We only found out when we boarded the ship and got our welcome aboard letters. The letter from Shore Excursions simply said the tour was canceled by the vendor for "operational reasons". We got refundable OBC added to our account and while we were not happy with the cancellation we made it our business to just to ashore and enjoy the day on our own. With no real time to book anything privately it seemed like the best deal and there was no way we were booking anything else with Celebrity.

We cancelled an excursion a few days before when on the ship in New Zealand ( rain etc predicted and did not want to be on a boat excursion). No problem. They first just added it to our OBC but refunded it to our credit card once the cruise was over.

Although our excursion wasn't cancelled, we had a time change on one of the excursions we picked for our October cruise. Our cruise is booked thru a TA but Celebrity sent us the email informing us of the time change. I was grateful for the notice. If it had been cancelled - would they have told me? I don't know.

Received the following reply to my email request for info on cancellation policy. I still have not received any official notification and I have checked my spam folder.

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting our Shore Excursions Inquiry Team.

Kindly note that excursions may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to tour departure time without penalty.

Any cancellations within 48 hours of the tour will not qualify for a refund.

*Please note that tours involving flights, trains, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays and Private Journeys must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties.

We do send notification via email when a tour is cancelled.

Please let us know should you have any other shore excursions questions or need further information.

Warm Regards,

Mary

Inquiry Team Coordinators

fax: 305-539-4131| email: shorex@rccl.com

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. |1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132

Azamara Club Cruises | Celebrity Cruises | Royal Caribbean International