Spa Massage-best pricing?

Sunny0528

WE r going on the Magic in July, is it best to book a massage online before (i think theres a discount) or do they usually have better discounts when on board! And if anyone had a massage on magic did you like it? Thanks!

The spa on Carnival and possibly all ships is a it frustrating. You go for your appt time and then they ask you all kinds of questions about your health before you even get to the massage. Then they hard sell you on $100 oils that will cure all your problems....lolol. I have stopped getting them onboard and switched to getting them on the beach for about $25 - $30 or in a local parlor that has great trip advisor reviews. just my 2 cents - don't bother with onboard spa services.

Spa services are usually on sale during port days for sure.

WE r going on the Magic in July, is it best to book a massage online before (i think theres a discount) or do they usually have better discounts when on board! And if anyone had a massage on magic did you like it? Thanks!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Forums mobile app

A bit pricey, definitely more expensive than home....but I pre-booked a ginger massage treatment for this next cruise (special occasion). Other times, we have waited for the onboard paper flurry that inundates our mailbox/cabin which always yields ads for spa specials. Often times there is a "Choose 3 services" for a set cost. My daughters enjoy those...and I have, too, on occasion. The spa is a very relaxing and tranquil place.

Don't count it out but don't think you'll receive a bargain (such as you might find at your local school of massage therapy).

All hotels(and the ship is your hotel on the ocean) charge more for massages than do independent spas in your home town.

That is not unusual.

It is also normal for there to be a questionnaire about your health.

There are safety reasons for that!

I never have a problem with folks trying to sell me anything because I just don't allow it!! I am there for a massage and not a sales pitch and I make that clear.

I prefer to wait for the port day specials to be announced. They often have 3 services for $99 or something like that.

The massages themselves are fine.

I've gotten massages onboard and they were great. After the first time, I complete the form and when I hand it in, I tell them upfront that I am really only interested in the massage and not any extra purchasing of oils etc. I've found if you just be upfront with them most of the time they appreciate not having to go through the whole "sales pitch"

I have also found that you can sometimes get a last minute discount during a PORT DAY when the ship is empty and quieter. Of course it depends on if any appointments are open, but if the SPA is slow with bookings because everyone is off the ship you can get a deal if you are flexible to book on the spot. I have managed to get 20% off a basic massage while the ship is in PORT (but early like right after docking as everyone is getting ready to leave)

Good luck

My last cruise was the first time I ever got a massage period let alone one onboard - And yes I know they are cheaper out on the beach or at home before cruising but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed having it done on the cruise and I think I will wait and see what kind of deal they offer on the boat and see if I will do it again