Favourite ship for a b2b

NOSaints1

Only problem is my DW is into more staying on the ship to relax than going to most ports

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is nothing at all wrong with that philosophy. Just try to sail on the newest and biggest on the different lines so that the ship is the destination and the ports are secondary. Reasonably priced examples would be NCL Escape and the MSC Seaside. You could even do a mixed back to back with different lines or even different embarkation ports such as Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

Have you been on ncl and how did you like it? Like I heard they gouge you my dw is into the spa and do you know about the spa area compared to Carnivals?

No idea about the spa area. As far as I know, all cruise lines have spa areas that are overpriced. I would get a massage on the beach in one of the ports for 30-40 bucks instead of paying over 100 on board for a 50 minute one. Our September cruise on the NCL Escape will be cruise # 30 and it'll be the third straight time I would have been on that ship. It's got all the whistles and bells, it's big with plenty to do and in general offers a better value to me than Carnival. The Alchemy Bar and lunchtime eating options are the only two things that Carnival does better than the Escape, IMHO. Better shows, reservations accepted for comedy, and Howl at the Moon is better than the Carnival piano bar. Specialty restaurant reduced price packages and of course included drinks package seals the deal.

If you were gonna do a b2b from each class of ship, which one would you do for food quality, entertainment, onboard activities, cost, stateroom and overall appearance of the ship. Intenary from 9-14 days and what is the spa cabins like on the Sunshine and what do you get with it and is it worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are doing b2b2b on the Sunshine Dec 31 to Jan 28. No repeats of ports in 28 days. 7+13+8.

The Sunshine meets all of our priorities in the areas you have listed except for the spa. We have not ever booked in a spa cabin on the Sunshine though. Only on the Dream, Magic and Breeze.

My first was on conquest to GC, Cozumel and Ochos rios than we went on breeze to Nassau, Ochos rios and grand turk than we went on valor to the southern Caribbean and we're currently booked on the dream to Cozumel, Belize and roatan but I always like to book far ahead so would be looking at 2019 so it gives us time to pay it off

For 2019, we are doing a side by side. Jan 5 ( 7 days ) on the Breeze in a spa cabin and Jan 12 ( 13 days ) on the Sunshine. They both sail out of Port Canaveral.

Breeze is Caribbean Eastern and Sunshine journey cruise is southern.

Like the spa on the Breeze as it has the thalassotherapy ( sp? ) pool and the tiled loungers

So how does a side by side work I mean are the ships in the same terminal and do you have to go through checkin again?

Yes, of course you need to go through check-in. The ships are in the same terminal, but different berths. Could be walkable, may need to take a cab depending upon which port you're embarking from. Fort Lauderdale and Miami are larger than Port Canaveral.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

What's an easier terminal to sail out of

Do you mean embarkation and debarkation? Very very easy and organized at Port Canaveral. Have never done a side by side from there but think it will be easy to go from one ship to another to check in. Lots of time in between to do it.

Here's a tip, no matter which port you may do a side by side. You know that you cannot board until 11:30 or later on most ships so I would be the last ones off the first ship, maybe about 10:30am and then leisurely walk over to ship # 2 to check in.

How do you deal with the winter and if there's cancellations

Fly in a day or two early...or book flights directly through the cruiseline. If you book through the cruiseline, they will take care of you. Also it doesn't hurt to have travel insurance especially for a long, expensive trips.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How do you deal with the winter and if there's cancellations

Allow yourself plenty of time in case there are flight cancellations. Fly down a day or two early. Relax at your port of embarkation prior to the cruise. I don't live as far from the ports as you do, but if I'm flying, i allow myself enough time for alternate plans (even if it involves driving part or the entire way). One time we couldn't fly into Ft. Lauderdale so the best we could do was to fly into Melbourne and rent a car and drive for the rest of the trip there. Thankfully we had plenty of time to do so.

With winter coming I know that there are occasions when an airport may be closed for days if it's snowed in, but if you at least you allow yourself enough time to drive south to the first city where you could catch a flight to your port of embarkation, all won't be lost. Just allow yourself enough days prior to your cruise to get creative.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Galveston is the most unfriendly port to cruise from if you have to fly in. Either to Hobby or George Bush in Houston. Shuttles are expensive and/or unreliable. Car rentals are not opened on weekends in Galveston so you cannot rent a car from the airport and return near the port.

Cruises from Galveston usually leave on a Saturday or Sunday so.......

For cruisers who can drive to Galveston, it is a very popular port and a favorite of many.

This is what we look for so that the 2nd cruise is not a repeat of the first.

We usually do this too...however, we did do a b2b out of San Juan once and I would recommend that. The first week we went on several island tours. The second week, we went back to places we enjoyed on the tour or did something different. Also since it is a port intensive intinerary, it gave us a chance to catch any activities we missed the first week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app