Its NOT ideal, but is it feasible?

shopnagain

If it were in the summer, I would probably do it but upstate NY winters are too unpredictable.

With that being said, I'm surprised that the Air2sea options are flights that arrive the day of the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it were in the summer, I would probably do it but upstate NY winters are too unpredictable.

With that being said, I'm surprised that the Air2sea options are flights that arrive the day of the cruise!

Well...Weather issues are not their fault, so...

I run into same day cruisers all the time in airports who are using the cruise lines' air service. I guess their thinking is that in most cases passengers will make it, and the cruise line has the option of paying for extra dock time to wait for passengers, especially if there is a group(s) all on the same plane or bus. If they don't make it, the cruise line will arrange to have them meet the ship at the next port.

Roz

I was going to let it rest after seeing that you decided to fly in a day early before I got a chance to respond to the disagreement with my "nervous nellies" comment. Which I still stand by, by the way.

There are year-round non-stop flights between FLL and Buffalo, Newburgh, Niagara Falls, Ogdensburg (Watertown), Plattsburgh, Rochester and Syracuse. What those airports have in common is having gotten the act of snow removal down to a science. They seems to always be operating normally even in the worst of winter weather, while the greater NYC area airports have hours of delays every time a seagull sneezes.

The cruise line air add-on from those cities can be sold with more confidence than those from major hub airports that any delays (weather or otherwise) always cascade to. My family in Western New York flies in or out of BUF at least once a month year round and none of them can remember any weather delays going back to the beginning of this century.

(And you have never specified exactly which airport you are flying from. My Buffalo-area family would not be happy if you refer to Buffalo [or Niagara Falls or Rochester] as "upstate New York" rather than "western New York". To a western New Yorker "upstate" is the area they call "cold country" [Plattsburgh and Watertown]).

We have done a day of in July and made it with no delays. We had a very long delay last summer on a direct flight (about 2 hours) that was luckily the day before. Had it been day of we never would have made it to Miami (from FLL) on time. However it is all about how risky you want to be! We typically fly the day of unless it is much cheaper or impossible to go from a schedule standpoint if we don't fly in day of.