Can we bring bottled water onboard?

We used to bring it, now I buy a case for about $82. Works out to around $3.40 per liter. It's a lot, but in the grand scheme of things it's not that much. For me it saves on the hassle. But we never had a problem in the past. If you buy the Drink Package, bottled water is included.

No, as the rules state. But is rarely enforced.

Please do your baggage handlers a favor and DO NOT just slap a tag on a cumbersome case of bottled water. They don't want to handle that thing anymore than you want to drag it around on the ship as a carry on. And lately, more and more, they are refusing to accept it anyway.

I very much dislike the bottled water brands on the ship, and will simply toss a dozen bottles of my favorite Dasani

in a separate cloth duffel bag. I attach a luggage tag on the handle of that, then later will fold it and place inside luggage on disembarkation. Has been delivered to my cabin every time. If it gets sent to the "naughty room"...I will wait and claim it later when the lines go down since it does not contain my needed clothing, etc.

No, as the rules state. But is rarely enforced.

Please do your baggage handlers a favor and DO NOT just slap a tag on a cumbersome case of bottled water. They don't want to handle that thing anymore than you want to drag it around on the ship as a carry on. And lately, more and more, they are refusing to accept it anyway.

I very much dislike the bottled water brands on the ship, and will simply toss a dozen bottles of my favorite Dasani

in a separate cloth duffel bag. I attach a luggage tag on the handle of that, then later will fold it and place inside luggage on disembarkation. Has been delivered to my cabin every time. If it gets sent to the "naughty room"...I will wait and claim it later when the lines go down since it does not contain my needed clothing, etc.

I like this idea! It's worth the "try" since it's just water, as long as I don't need anything else in that bag. Do you think we have a better chance carrying it on or checking it with our luggage?

We also put a small amount of bottled water and 6 pack of soda in a cloth duffel bag and put a luggage tag on it. We use the duffel bag for souvenirs on the plane trip home.

I also put it in a bag with handles. Usually water and soda. They don't seem to care as much if it is easily picked up i.e. a bag with handles. Also if one would break open, it doesn't get all over anything else, the bag I use doubles as my beach bag and folds flat for the trip home or checked and filled with souvenirs.

I like this idea! It's worth the "try" since it's just water, as long as I don't need anything else in that bag. Do you think we have a better chance carrying it on or checking it with our luggage?

Yes, you can carry it on. But I don't feel like dragging that bag around before I can check into the cabin. Has worked well for me every time when I just check the bag.

We also put a small amount of bottled water and 6 pack of soda in a cloth duffel bag and put a luggage tag on it. We use the duffel bag for souvenirs on the plane trip home.

Also a great idea! Those duffel bags do come in handy! :)

BTW: I always smile when I see your security system. :D

I also put it in a bag with handles. Usually water and soda. They don't seem to care as much if it is easily picked up i.e. a bag with handles. Also if one would break open, it doesn't get all over anything else, the bag I use doubles as my beach bag and folds flat for the trip home or checked and filled with souvenirs.

Yup...always indeed works for me. :) And so much easier for the porters.

I've always sailed on Holland America or Carnival and drink the tap water. It tastes just fine.

Is there a problem with Royal Caribbean's that I need to buy bottle water?

It's only matter of personal taste. I have many times run out of the water I bring on board, and then just drink the

tap water on the ship...which is perfectly fine.....and IMHO tastes much better than Evian. ;)

It's only matter of personal taste. I have many times run out of the water I bring on board, and then just drink the

tap water on the ship...which is perfectly fine.....and IMHO tastes much better than Evian. ;)

Just missed cruising with you again. We go on Majesty June 16 for first time. Did you like this ship? Looking forward to being on a smaller ship and back to RC.Last few cruises on Carnival and 1 on Norwegian Epic. Had fun but miss the Viking Crown Lounge.

We had a few bottles of water with us boarding Rhapsody of the Seas. It was enough to last until the first port.

They confiscated all of the bottles and boy was I sad! So, many posters said they do not check, but in Tampa they sure did.

Big signs also telling passengers no water was to be taken aboard. There was no way around it as all carry on goes through their e-ray machines.

On the Harmony last week and Freedom last Thanksgiving, we taped a luggage tag to a case and it arrived at our cabin with other checked luggage. But sailings were from Ft Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just missed cruising with you again. We go on Majesty June 16 for first time. Did you like this ship? Looking forward to being on a smaller ship and back to RC.Last few cruises on Carnival and 1 on Norwegian Epic. Had fun but miss the Viking Crown Lounge.

Drats...sorry we missed you again!! :( Hope to someday cruise with you again! Our anniversary was June 1st, hence the timing of the little 4 nighter.

Liked MJ, loved the crew who made us feel very special, (especially Shane (LA) and John Denton (HD). With no CL or DL...happy hour and happy-tisers were offered in the VCL. It was never crowded, good service and superior munchies to go along with that great view. And always prefer smaller ships to large ones...but sail on her again?

Probably not.

Too many venues missing that we have become accustomed to. Our favorite is still the Radiance class and Vision class as second.