Question about Specialty Restaurants on HAL

Cahpek

Can we ask one question about the arrangement for specialty restaurants on HAL?

On some cruises, you could order practically anything you'd fancy in the menu, in any order. If you really fancy that, sometimes, you could even skip the starters and desserts and have two main courses, etc.

However, if I remember correctly , I think someone mentioned that on HAL, you could order more than one starter or desserts, but you cannot order more than one main course. So, there are restrictions for ordering the main course, but not the other smaller dishes.

Is that true?

This will be our first time on HAL, that's why we are asking questions that most "savvy" HAL cruisers take for granted because they know what to expect.

Can we ask one question about the arrangement for specialty restaurants on HAL?

On some cruises, you could order practically anything you'd fancy in the menu, in any order. If you really fancy that, sometimes, you could even skip the starters and desserts and have two main courses, etc.

However, if I remember correctly , I think someone mentioned that on HAL, you could order more than one starter or desserts, but you cannot order more than one main course. So, there are restrictions for ordering the main course, but not the other smaller dishes.

Is that true?

This will be our first time on HAL, that's why we are asking questions that most "savvy" HAL cruisers take for granted because they know what to expect.

In the Pinnacle Grill, you can order more than one main course but there is a added surcharge for that. Keep in mind that the steaks come in various sizes (assuming you are going to have steak) and there is bound to be one large enough to suit even the hungriest person.

In the Canaletto, there are several plates to choose from. I can't fathom wanting to order more of the main entree in either restaurant.

We've only done the Tamarind once and I can't recall if there was a charge if you wanted another entree or not, and if I could, my information would be out of date.

Hopefully I answered the question?

And, yes, you can order extra appetizers. You won't go hungry ;)

Can we order a large steak, eat half of it, and get them to slice the rest to take back to the room? We ate in Le Cirque and I ended up with half the steak left over. Do the mini-fridges get cold enough to store it?

I don't see why not but bring your own plastic bag. Why not slice it yourself at the table?

The temperature of the minibar is between 43 and 46 degrees depending on where you measure. This is not as cold as a regular refrigerator so extended storage might be risky.

The temperature of the minibar is between 43 and 46 degrees depending on where you measure. This is not as cold as a regular refrigerator so extended storage might be risky.

I think we need to be below 40 degrees for extended storage.

We have eaten many times in the Pinnacle and the Tamarind and on many of the ships we have been on the staff will not allow you to take meat back to your cabin because the refrigerators are only "coolers" and will not keep the meats cold.

And the Pinnacle and Tamarind restaurants do charge $10 extra for each Entree you order extra.

I agree with post #2...as far as I know, though, you can order as many entrees as you want (as long if they still have them available) in the MDR.

Oops! Missed that your question was about specialty restaurants...