Thoughts on doing a b2b doing a 4 and 5 night on Infinity

NOSaints1

The Loyalty Program on Celebrity is much better than the Carnival Program. Search Celebrity Captain's Club.

7 night cruises on Celebrity will run older than the average cruise on Carnival, however the itinerary will make a big difference.

As we have always said, there are plenty of people ready to party on a Celebrity ship... sometimes YOU have to start the party to wake them up.

Captain's Club is "points" based not cruise based. Select starts at 150 points. You receive a certain number of points for each night completed on a Celebrity cruise. From 2 points per night for inside and oceanview to 18 per night for penthouse suite.

That didn't answer your question... when traveling back to back, your status might change after completing the first cruise. Your status would be reflected on your cruise card on the second cruise. If there are problems, Celebrity has a Captain's Club Host(ess) on the ship that is 100% dedicated towards the program.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/gateway

Since you prefer to relax and were asking about food, Celebrity would be really worth the price. The restaurants that are an up charge have specials but you have to ask. The Infinity has Tuscan Grill and Qsine. They are fantastic restaurants and the food is amazing.

The crew is there to make sure you have a great time! They will help you any way they can. Any questions you have can be answered by guest relations or the captains club representative. On our last cruise, the ages were mostly 30-60. Some children went too and families.

I think you'll enjoy it so much, you will stay with Celebrity. That's what we did.

$ 25 deposit is "periodic". --- Wow that really helps you :)

If you book on board, you can still transfer your booking to a travel agent. Thus you can receive whatever Celebrity is offering you and whatever you can get(OBC, Perks, cash...) from the travel agent. I believe you have 30 days to transfer the booking.

How often does the 25 deposit come along? And your thoughts booking onboard and how does it work? Do you prefer to use a TA or book through Celebrity

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How it works: You go to the Future Cruise Planners office (usually near the shops) and talk to one of them if you know what cruise you want to book. You can also go to one of their presentations about cruises to different areas ( Alaska, Caribbean, Europe, Asia, etc).

Also, if you don't know, they have flyers with lists of the cruises and ships so you can take them to your room, talk it over and come back. The agent gave us 4 quotes, we discussed it and came back. For a 7 day cruise, the on board deposit is usually $100pp and it's charged to your credit card. It can't be charged to your on board account.

You get more OBC and better prices and perks if you book on board. You can also change your date if you can't sail on the date you booked. I've had to do that before and there are no penalties if you've booked it on board.

If you want, after you get home, you can transfer the booking to your TA. We used to but our TA's company became too strict (when Celebrity wasn't) in changes. On board, when I booked with the future cruise agent, I explained what was happening and asked if there was a way to have one person to talk to in Celebrity instead of calling and getting a different person each time. He understood and assigned my booking to one Celebrity Vacation Planner.

I'm not sure how often the $25 deposit occurs. I hope I've explained it well.

We sailed on Infinity twice this past year, including a 15 night. She is a great ship, and on a shorter cruise you will see more people around your age and a more lively crowd than I had on my 15 nighter. Celebrity IMHO is a far superior product and worth more $$ than Carnival. But as has been stated, if you were the partying till the wee hours kind (you said you were not) then Celebrity would probably bore you to tears, even on a shorter cruise. Since you are not, you will find the casual elegance ambiance of Celebrity very appealing.

The spa area of the M class ships does not unfortunately compare to that of the S class ships. However, they do have a thalassotherapy pool which has jets and warmer water which the S class pool does not - very relaxing. there are no heated lounges like you see on the website - those are S class only. They do have saunas and such but not nearly as nice as S class. I personally wouldn't pay for it (the pool is free).

We sailed on Infinity twice this past year, including a 15 night. She is a great ship, and on a shorter cruise you will see more people around your age and a more lively crowd than I had on my 15 nighter. Celebrity IMHO is a far superior product and worth more $$ than Carnival. But as has been stated, if you were the partying till the wee hours kind (you said you were not) then Celebrity would probably bore you to tears, even on a shorter cruise. Since you are not, you will find the casual elegance ambiance of Celebrity very appealing.

The spa area of the M class ships does not unfortunately compare to that of the S class ships. However, they do have a thalassotherapy pool which has jets and warmer water which the S class pool does not - very relaxing. there are no heated lounges like you see on the website - those are S class only. They do have saunas and such but not nearly as nice as S class. I personally wouldn't pay for it (the pool is free).

I have read so many really bad reviews on Infinity that I've almost given up on booking a 5 day next December ! Mold in the shower, worn (and torn !) bedsheets, lumpy mattresses and really poor water pressure. These complaints were just from the last 4 months ! These are reviews specific to the A2 staterooms.

Why would people write such things, if it weren't true ? And yet, how could the beancounters at corporate allow the Celebrity brand to take such a beating ??

I have no experience with Celebrity, just Princess and 1 cruise on Getaway, so I don't know WHO to believe !! I want a 5 day cruise in December 2018 for my husbands 50th birthday-as a surprise. So I still have some time for research, otherwise I will finally do one of those future cruise thingies when we're on the Allure this September. I have my heart set on surprising him with a 5 day cruise and only Carnival, RCI and Celebrity do 5 day cruises that end before Christmas but still have him celebrating the big 5-0 on the 21st.

2 years ago I took him on the Caribbean Princess, last year I took him to the Tradewinds on St Pete Beach, this year I'm taking him to the Bluefin on Lake Superior so he can go skiing in Lutsen. After that, I'm thinking a cruise again. 50 is a milestone and nothing says milestone like a cruise you weren't expecting !

But which one ?!!

How is the AQ class for the infinity?

Aqua is great. The cabin was always clean, neat and our cabin steward must've been a magician because he always did such a great job! (The problems mentioned about mold or torn sheets couldn't be farther from the truth-IMHO).

DH and I prefer the concierge level though. We looked at the menu the first day for Blu and decided to dine in the Specialty restaurants instead. The tables are extremely close together in Blu too.

41513a4dcd058ae3340a3573a595ea43.jpg

The waiter that I spoke to on the first day (Melvin) gave us 2 for the price of 1 on the first night and then the 3 night special for Tuscan Grille. He was such a wonderful waiter!!

This is their current menu:

996784ee7dfcaa784741dacd72cebe7f.jpg

The staff at Tuscan Grille was amazing! They were attentive, friendly and treated us like family.

We loved the experience and would sail on the Infinity again. Why? Great ship, fantastic crew and amazing quality of complete package!

How is the AQ class for the infinity?

We just returned from Alaska on 6/11. Aqua was great. Blu was extremely cramped (tables too close together) and the menu wasn't really to our liking so we dined in the specialty restaurants.

The cabin was amazing! Clean, neat and our cabin steward was friendly and helpful. This ship is really great quality, great shape and the staff is always available to help you. We would sail on her again.

DH and I prefer the concierge level cabins. We felt there was no need to upgrade to Aqua since we also didn't use the spa, etc.

Edited by seadancer
Duplicate

I haven't cruised on the Infinity before, but I loved the Constellation. I just booked a 5-day on the Infinity for early 2019. I was actually looking at booking the Carnival Sunshine for a 5-day the same week, mainly because it's a shorter drive for me. Overall, Carnival was going to be more money. My TA had a block on the Infinity the week we wanted to go, so I got a Concierge (C3) cabin with the "Go Better" package (drinks and $300 OBC) for under $1500 for the 2 of us, including taxes and fees. An oceanview cabin on Sunshine would have been just under $1200 with no drink package and I think it had $50 OBC. It just didn't make sense to do Carnival!

As others have said, if you aren't into late-night parties, Celebrity will be a good match. The food is considerably better, the shows are great and the atmosphere is much classier and more relaxed. I do miss the piano bar, but overall, I prefer Celebrity over Carnival.

Both times I have sailed Celebrity, there were plenty of younger passengers. We did cruise during Thanksgiving and Spring breaks and I know that makes a difference. There were a number of younger people, including families.