Thoughts on doing a b2b doing a 4 and 5 night on Infinity

NOSaints1

Has anyone done a b2b doing 4 nights going to Nassau and key west than doing a 5 night going to key west again and Cozumel?

What's the infinity like, entertainment, food, activities and would this be suitable for a couple only have been on Carnival

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DH and I prefer Celebrity to Carnival any day! We've sailed on both but felt (for us) that we get better service, attentiveness, quality of food and everyone is extremely happy!

I have not done a b2b yet but the Infinity is a great ship! We just disembarked from her. We were in Alaska and we truly enjoyed the ship, her crew, the various restaurants and the entertainment.

The ship has a rooftop area where they show movies (not above the pool), a solarium (adult pool) comedians, shows in the evening, dance classes, trivia, Park West art, the Martini bar, different bands, upscale restaurants, etc.

It is more of a quality experience.

We did that exact same B2B several years ago on Century. We really like going to Key West so that was nice. We're not big fans of Cozumel so only going there once was enough for us. We didn't mind the turn around day, loved not having to get off of the ship.

There was some repetition of meals and shows, but it didn't bother us.

We've been on M class ships, just not Infinity. Seadancer gave a good description.

Happy planning!

The demographic on a short Celebrity cruise would be closer to what you are used to on Carnival and the energy level closer to Carnival. There will be games and volleyball at the pool but no hairy chest contest, overall the activities will be more mellow than Carnival. Infinity is about the same size as Carnival Spirit class. The martini bar is usually a lively venue. The price of the Ininfity likely includes one perk, if you're a drinker that can be the classic drink package otherwise onboard credit or internet. I have not done a B2B but would find it appealing. We're booked on the 4 day itinerary next year in October.

I did a B2B2B (5,5,4) on Millie a few years ago. I was told by a fellow cruiser that I would notice a difference in the behavior of guests on the shorter cruise. He certainly was right. On the 5 day, I never saw younger passengers in wife beater shirts, thong sandals and ball caps wandering about the ship on formal night. EM

How is the Persian garden on the M class? Where does X do better than Carnival in what areas?

I have never done the Persian Gardens so can't comment. The solarium pool on M class is a thalosotherapy pool that's open to everyone, so might not be worth the extra cost on an M class.

A four night on an online travel agency is 499 for a OV US and a 5 day is 549 for an OV

These prices seem more inline with current exchange rates I'm seeing 4 night OV for 369/399 $US and 5 night OV for 429/459 $US. These include one perk.

Carnival and Celebrity are not even close to the same product. Even the 4 and 5 night cruises are not the same thing as a Carnival cruise. If you want a relaxed atmosphere on a cruise then the Celebrity cruises would be great, but if you are still in the mode of wanting to party on the ship until 2 AM every night, I would suggest that you stay cruising Carnival.

Edited by neverbeenhere

We prefer to relax, and not into the party scene just also enjoying a good meal

Based on this you should enjoy Celebrity. I enjoy the MDR on both Carnival and Celebrity.

These shorter cruises should be a nice sample, just remember that longer Celebrity itineraries will have an older demographic.