Arrival Appointment (assigned check-in) questions

jabcruiser

OK, I am thoroughly confused. Haven't sailed Carnival for several years so this is new to me. Cruising from Tampa Feb. 2018. Have purchased FTTF. Did on-line check in and there is no place to view or make an "Arrival Appointment". Is it too early to show up yet? FTTF info says you still have to make arrival appointment even though you get "priority" check in. So can someone please explain how this works and how to make an "arrival appointment", With FTTF does the arrival appointment time still apply and is it normally enforced. We are close to cruise terminal and always try to arrive around 11:00 to be on board by noon. Any clear explanation will be appreciated. Carnival provides very little information on their website.

Thanks,

Jane

Arrival appointments were first offered precisely 168 days prior to my upcoming Cruise. I suspect that that number varies widely from cruise to cruise.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Hi there

If you have purchased FTTF, then you will be allowed to check in when you arrive at the terminal and allowed to board once boarding starts (after the other platinum/diamond, wedding etc...). They ask you to select a check in time but if you don't, they will assign one for you which you can disregard. (of course, unless you cancel your FTTF)

Just make sure that when you have completed your check in that The FTTF logo appears on your documents as well as your luggage tags (if you are using them).

hope this helps

have a great cruise

We are booked on the 8 day Panama Canal cruise out of Tampa in April and no checkin times have been posted yet. There are also no excursions for Costa Rico so just assuming it is too early for this info. Keep checking back.

Also you mentioned you wanted to get to the terminal at 11 so you can be on board by noon. If you have FTTF, you have priority boarding, and you're not really using that aspect of FTTF if you get there then. With FTTF I would get there around 10:30'ish so you can get through security and everything and be on board by 11'ish when FTTF boards. Otherwise you're not getting the maximum benefit of your FTTF you paid for.

We are booked on the 8 day Panama Canal cruise out of Tampa in April and no checkin times have been posted yet. There are also no excursions for Costa Rico so just assuming it is too early for this info. Keep checking back.

Our December cruise - the choices appeared about 200 days ahead.

I found myself checking every couple of days :

Go to your "Online Checkin" page for your reservation/booking.

When times choices are available you will find a new link therecalled "Arrival Appointment - set up embarkation time"

Then it's a matter of pick n' click :D

Even FTTF has to choose a check in time. Just arrive when you want, FTTF can check in immediately.

You will board after weddings, Diamonds, Platinums, Suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks to all. Will plan on 10:30 ish so can be among first to board. Love being on board before the crowds arrive! I am looking forward to returning to Carnival after a 3 year hiatus.

Jane

I agree with everyone above. Show up at 10:30. But don't worry about selecting a check-in time. If you fail to do so, Carnival will assign one to you. Since it really doesn't matter to you anyway with FTTF, I would just let them do it. I wouldn't go so far as to keep checking just to do that.

Not too please with our times available to check in. Says no porter after 2:00 pm for luggage, you have to carry on luggage yourself.

And check in time is starting at 3:00 pm. It's 129 days till we cruise. My gosh, the earlier times can't be gone already?

• 8 months later...

I had the same problem, so I called and learned that if you have entered in travel information that says you are arriving the day before the cruise, the system won't show you appointment times. Once I removed all my flight information and said I would arrive by taxi, the times appeared.

You have to go to your online check-in, then click check-in summary at the top. Then you will see where you can edit travel information for each guest. Good luck!

Need advice...we have 11-11:30 check in but we also want to go to Pat O’Briens so should we do checkin and then get off the ship or drop off luggage and then check in after Pat’s?

Honestly, I would just miss the check-in time. Go to Pat O'Briens then get your luggage and go to the ship. There's no penalty if you don't show up exactly when you're supposed to... buy they could make you stay once you check in.

Honestly, I would just miss the check-in time. Go to Pat O'Briens then get your luggage and go to the ship. There's no penalty if you don't show up exactly when you're supposed to... buy they could make you stay once you check in.

Thanks! Pat's opens at 10:00 so if I can get everyone up and moving that morning then maybe we can get there and still make our check-in time...might be a little early for that Hurricane but I'm determined to get it before I get on that ship :-)

I had the same problem, so I called and learned that if you have entered in travel information that says you are arriving the day before the cruise, the system won't show you appointment times. Once I removed all my flight information and said I would arrive by taxi, the times appeared.

You have to go to your online check-in, then click check-in summary at the top. Then you will see where you can edit travel information for each guest. Good luck!

This has never been the case for me. I have heard this is true for transfers but I don’t take those. But never for an appointment arrival time. Not once.

This has never been the case for me. I have heard this is true for transfers but I don’t take those. But never for an appointment arrival time. Not once.

I always fly in the day (or more) ahead and put it in Cruise Manager as soon as I get the flight information. I always have a check-in time (since it started a few years ago)