Sky loft suite to Star loft suite

Looking at booking a cruise on the Harmony of the seas after May next year but noticed that what was the Sky Loft Suite has been renamed the Star Loft Suite.

Does anyone know if there is a difference or is it just a re-branding due to the new suite levels?

Looking at booking a cruise on the Harmony of the seas after May next year but noticed that what was the Sky Loft Suite has been renamed the Star Loft Suite.

Does anyone know if there is a difference or is it just a re-branding due to the new suite levels?

No difference at all, just a name change due to the new cabin reclassification.

• 3 months later...

I just called RCL because I booked a sky suite on Anthem and the FAQ page states that the sky suite is under star class for 2017 bookings but sky class in 2018. The agent told me the sky loft would still have all the royal class amenities next year. However, I will keep a close eye and will take screen shots and keep my print outs just in case.

Star is higher than Sky.

Star gets free drinks package and Voom, Sky does not.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/faq/

The Sky Loft is under the Sky class category for 2018.

It looks like they have added a new level of a Star Loft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As stated earlier the sky loft will be renamed the star loft in 2018 and will still be under the star class suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Just got off the phone due to the sudden addition of gratuities on our Sky Loft sailing of Anthem of 2018. What they told me is that Sky Loft suites are being re-branded as Star Loft suites on Oasis class ships with Star class services but NOT on Quantum class ships. The Sky Loft suites will NOT be Star class. They offered me a full refund on our non-refundable deposits if we wanted to cancel. Just a head's up that if you're specifically looking for the Star class experience on Quantum class ships, it's not the same.

Just got off the phone due to the sudden addition of gratuities on our Sky Loft sailing of Anthem of 2018. What they told me is that Sky Loft suites are being re-branded as Star Loft suites on Oasis class ships with Star class services but NOT on Quantum class ships. The Sky Loft suites will NOT be Star class. They offered me a full refund on our non-refundable deposits if we wanted to cancel. Just a head's up that if you're specifically looking for the Star class experience on Quantum class ships, it's not the same.

That's insane. They keep giving such different messages and information. As I said earlier, when I called, they assured me that the skybloft would become the star loft and we wouldn't lose benefits. Thank goodness I'm paranoid which led me to switch to a grand loft suite. But I'm still annoyed with the misinformation.

That's insane. They keep giving such different messages and information. As I said earlier, when I called, they assured me that the skybloft would become the star loft and we wouldn't lose benefits. Thank goodness I'm paranoid which led me to switch to a grand loft suite. But I'm still annoyed with the misinformation.

I also switched. When. I looked at the suite benefits page it does show Sky Lift in 2018 as Sky class and not Star. I think it spoke volumee that they gave me the option to cancel and get my non refundable deposit back.

So let’s get some info clear as two different Class ship are being discussed. This is what I am understanding from what you are saying.

Oasis Class - current Sky Loft Suites are becoming Star Loft Suites and remain Star Class. cabins.

Quantum Class - current Sky Loft Suites are remaining Sky Loft Suites and are becoming Sky Class.

Is this what you all are hearing from RC?

So let’s get some info clear as two different Class ship are being discussed. This is what I am understanding from what you are saying.

Oasis Class - current Sky Loft Suites are becoming Star Loft Suites and remain Star Class. cabins.

Quantum Class - current Sky Loft Suites are remaining Sky Loft Suites and are becoming Sky Class.

Is this what you all are hearing from RC?

Bingo. Oasis class Sky Loft is becoming Star Loft. Quantum class, Sky Loft is staying Sky loft.

Sky Loft Suites on Quantum Class have always been Sky Class.

From the Feb 2017 reclassification Thread.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal...Trade_Grid.pdf

Nothing that wasn't Star Class before the reclassification is being reclassified after as Sky Class. The room name on the Oasis Class is changing to help with the confusion, but what was star before is staying star and what was sky before is staying sky.

But then again - who knows what is going on with the RCI web site.

According to the FAQ

Were the categories within the Royal Suite Class program impacted by the re-categorization efforts? Yes, slight adjustments were made to the category groupings for the Star, Sky and Sea tiers.

02/24/2017

STAR Royal Loft Suite (RL) Villa Suite – 4 bedrooms (VS) Owner’s Loft Suite (OL) Owner’s Panoramic (OP) Grand Panoramic (GP) Star Loft Suite (TL) AquaTheater Suites (A1-A2)

SKY Sky Loft Suite (SL) AquaTheater Suites (A3-A4) Crown Loft Suite (L1/L2) Owner’s Suite (OS) Grand Suite (GT, GB, GS)

SEA Junior Suite (J1, J3, J4)

However doing a dummy booking for the Anthem for Dec 2018 the Sky Loft still lists these benefits.

Sky Loft Suite

Contemporary, two-floor connecting lofts with private balconies, dining areas and more.

Star Class Exclusives*

• Exclusive Access to Royal Genie Service
  • All Day Access to Suites-Only Coastal Kitchen
  • Complimentary Specialty Restaurants
  • Complimentary Ultimate Beverage Package (for guests 21 years or older)
  • Complimentary Royal Replenish Package (for guests under 21 years old)
  • Complimentary Gratuities
  • Complimentary VOOM - The Fastest Internet at Sea
  • And more

Beds

• King size bed with Duxiana Mattress
  • One double sofa bed

So who knows?

But then again - who knows what is going on with the RCI web site.

According to the FAQ

.However doing a dummy booking for the Anthem for Dec 2018 the Sky Loft still lists these benefits.

So who knows?

When I booked the Sky Loft for a May 2018 sailing on Anthem the website showed Star class benefits and the agent on the phone confirmed. When I called back to add a person, the gratuities went on - which shouldn't have happened. Agent put me on hold for a LONG while and told me that it was an error on the website and that the Sky Loft suites in Anthem were remaining Sky Loft suites for 2018 and would not be receiving Star Class benefits.

Since I booked specifically for Star Class benefits he put me back on hold, then came back and said they could not honor Star Class benefits for the cabin but if I wanted to cancel they would refund my non-refundable deposit due to the error on the website. The fact that they were willing to refund my $1250 non-refundable deposit is what makes this ring true to me.

Instead I moved to a Grand Loft Suite so that we could still sail and receive the benefits I was seeking. Ultimately, who knows that reality of it all? BUT if it's important to you to sail Star Class, I would steer clear of the Sky Loft suites on Quantum class until it's all sorted out and proven one way or another.

When I booked the Sky Loft for a May 2018 sailing on Anthem the website showed Star class benefits and the agent on the phone confirmed. When I called back to add a person, the gratuities went on - which shouldn't have happened. Agent put me on hold for a LONG while and told me that it was an error on the website and that the Sky Loft suites in Anthem were remaining Sky Loft suites for 2018 and would not be receiving Star Class benefits.

Since I booked specifically for Star Class benefits he put me back on hold, then came back and said they could not honor Star Class benefits for the cabin but if I wanted to cancel they would refund my non-refundable deposit due to the error on the website. The fact that they were willing to refund my $1250 non-refundable deposit is what makes this ring true to me.

Instead I moved to a Grand Loft Suite so that we could still sail and receive the benefits I was seeking. Ultimately, who knows that reality of it all? BUT if it's important to you to sail Star Class, I would steer clear of the Sky Loft suites on Quantum class until it's all sorted out and proven one way or another.

Ginger, I would have done the exact the same as you. I suspect, just like you, that they have given back the non-refundable refund it means that on Quantum Class that the Sky Loft Suite is no longer Star Class.

I would have been upset that I had to book a cabin that cost more but I would have been more happy that one was still available in Star Class to book. Thanks for sharing your situation.

Ginger, I would have done the exact the same as you. I suspect, just like you, that they have given back the non-refundable refund it means that on Quantum Class that the Sky Loft Suite is no longer Star Class.

I would have been upset that I had to book a cabin that cost more but I would have been more happy that one was still available in Star Class to book. Thanks for sharing your situation.

Yeah, it was a bit more expensive but not hugely more expensive. I have just noticed that my OBC went from $400 to $250 so looks like I've got another phone call to make tonight. ::sigh::

Yeah, it was a bit more expensive but not hugely more expensive. I have just noticed that my OBC went from $400 to $250 so looks like I've got another phone call to make tonight. ::sigh::

They never make it easy to they.;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have an update for everyone on this thread. My Genie from our Oasis sailing earlier this month has confirmed that the Sky Loft Suites on Quantum class ships will remain Sky Loft Suites and will not be Star class. She was a Genie on Anthem previously and she would definitely know.

However, they've now added gratuities to my Grand Loft Suite like they did with my Sky Loft and she is doing me a favor and checking to see if the changes apply to that as well. I'm going to be quite upset if this changes again.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, IM A TRAVEL AGENT, I read this thread previously while searching for answers myself to these very questions!! I can't stand misinformation so I've been digging in, and I now understand. I too heard different things from different RCI agents regarding my own reservation this April for a 'sky loft' suite. Two told me they thought I was star level, and two told me I definitely was not. crazy!

Anyway, not addressing every specific above (but happy to if ask), thread is LONG.

Basically much of what was said is true... Sky Lofts will no longer be 'star' on any ships, and as someone said some categories will be renamed. Some sky loft in particular. But its more about the specific room #!!

My room on Oasis and one other were SL 'sky loft' (#1718 & 1720) but they are among those being renamed/recategorized to TL 'Star Loft'. SO, 1718 $ 1720 were 'star' and will remain 'star'. I ordered the latest 18/19 agent guide (among much internet searching) along with some RCI document addressing changes, so I have the info/proof. I needed to find out for not just clients but for own cruise!! So I wanted to share what I learned with you guys. I know this has frustrating!! You'd think the dang RCI agents would know all this, but so many of them don't.

If you have a specific ship & room# you want me to confirm status going forward just let me know :-)

I just called RCL because I booked a sky suite on Anthem and the FAQ page states that the sky suite is under star class for 2017 bookings but sky class in 2018. The agent told me the sky loft would still have all the royal class amenities next year. However, I will keep a close eye and will take screen shots and keep my print outs just in case.

see my comment below. I can help. Not certain you got good info, but maybe, depends on room number, as if it is still called 'sky loft' after re-categorizations and not renamed 'star loft' it will not. I can check and confirm.

I saw some RCL material that said the 2BR aqua suites would move to sky class later this year. Is that true?

Also, I though I saw that 1718 and 1720 list as sky class on oasis for this April when I did a mock booking? Can anyone comment on that?