Where to select / change dining option ?

chanc

I can't find this anywhere. When I booked the cruise, I selected early fixed dining but I'd like to change it to open dining. I can't find this option anywhere when I log into my HAL account.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

POA1 is correct.

You can always change on board too. changing too fixed dining is tough as it can be sold out but going to open dining is usually pretty easy ;)

Thank you all for the information. When I sailed with Celebrity on my first cruise, I remember that this option was available online so I assumed it was the same for HAL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 years later...
On 6/12/2017 at 9:06 PM, Krazy Kruizers said:

It doesn't make any difference whether you booked through HAL or a TA. You can not change your dining preference on line.

Your TA (if you used one) or your HAL PCC has to make the change for you.

But, is there anywhere just to see your dining preference on-line?  I can't find it anywhere.  

Also, can't find our onboard credits - shareholder and military -  anywhere on-line.  I guess I will have to call and ask them about it.

(I know this is an old thread, but I did a search and this came up.)

Quite frankly... call if you really are concerned.   Otherwise I am relatively confident HAL will figure it out onboard.

Why on earth do people do fixed time dining.   What a freakIng nightmare it is... lines, packed elevators, packed passages.    We made the mistake of being near MDR at fixed time a couple times. Horrible crowds.  Great room, but absolutely club orange.  MDR Room looks awesome, but waste of time and ears.  Will never do it again.

Edited by bdd123

12 hours ago, bdd123 said:

Why on earth do people do fixed time dining.   What a freakIng nightmare it is... lines, packed elevators, packed passages. 

We prefer fixed dining because:

no lines, no packed elevators, no packed passages......

we simply go to our table and the iced tea is waiting, the not finished wine from the night before is waiting and I'm welcomed back.  Also, the waiter knows it is ok to take my order first as Her Majesty takes a while to make a decision.  When it is dessert time, the coffee comes without asking. 

On day 1 in the afternoon, we take a short visit to the MDR and find our table so on day 1, we go straight to the table.

We enjoy fixed dining because we never have to wait or stand in line and it is efficient with the great wait staff....Plus, they are fun to get to know. 

Glad we have choices and YMMV!

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, metairiegal said:

But, is there anywhere just to see your dining preference on-line?  I can't find it anywhere.  

Also, can't find our onboard credits - shareholder and military -  anywhere on-line.  I guess I will have to call and ask them about it.

(I know this is an old thread, but I did a search and this came up.)

I booked a cruise on Feb. 27th. I downloaded the Navigator APP and I had no problem finding my $100 excursion credit on the APP. I just sent in my Shareholder request form so I should be seeing that soon. To the best of my knowledge there are no military credits on Holland America, only on Princess.    

29 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I booked a cruise on Feb. 27th. I downloaded the Navigator APP and I had no problem finding my $100 excursion credit on the APP. I just sent in my Shareholder request form so I should be seeing that soon. To the best of my knowledge there are no military credits on Holland America, only on Princess.    

My shareholder request was approved a month ago but it isn't showing in the app. I plan to bring the confirmation email in case it doesn't show once we're on board.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CruiserN1 said:

My shareholder request was approved a month ago but it isn't showing in the app. I plan to bring the confirmation email in case it doesn't show once we're on board.

In my experience, It won't appear in the app until you're on board, and it will only be visible on your statement. If you have a TA, they can print out an updated invoice (which includes the other OBC, including any TA OBC).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robotpony said:

In my experience, It won't appear in the app until you're on board, and it will only be visible on your statement. If you have a TA, they can print out an updated invoice (which includes the other OBC, including any TA OBC).

That seems rather lame. How do you know if it's been accepted?

1 minute ago, Eaglecw said:

That seems rather lame. How do you know if it's been accepted?

You should receive a confirmation when requesting it (and if you don't, respond to it and ask for confirmation). I ask my TA for an updated invoice before embarkation so I have a hardcopy of the OBC I'm expecting, as we often have TA, Shareholder, and price drop OBC. If the invoice isn't correct, our TA usually will get it fixed.

It would be nice if this was in the app, but I am assuming that things like shareholder credit are more manual than other things in the system.

18 minutes ago, robotpony said:

It would be nice if this was in the app, but I am assuming that things like shareholder credit are more manual than other things in the system.

I think you're right about that. I just printed my confirmation and it specifically says "it will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation."

44 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

How do you get the military credit?

Thanks it too some digging but I found it and registered, super easy. My TA doesn't know there is a Military credit available.