RCL Pisa excursion.

We used Joe Bananas for this port. They arranged for the tickets to Acadamia, got us to the front of the line and made sure we had plenty of time in Florence and Pisa. They picked us up in new Mercedes vans. The name made us skeptical but the reviews were great. The tour could not have been any better and it was less than RCL. I highly recommend them.

It's been a few years since we were in Pisa, but I remember that two hours was plenty of time for us. It was very hot and humid and the restroom lines were extremely long. Don't forget your loose change to pay if you need to use one and bring water.

We don't usually book cruiseline excursions....but the DIY we booked with RCI (Jewel) for Pisa and Florence was great...would definitely book this again. We had more than enough time on our own in both locations...had a great onboard tour guide that gave us so much information as we traveled by shuttle bus...couldn't have been easier.

There were 3 of us that juts walked off the ship in Livorno and hired a taxi at port with no prior reservation. The taxi drivers are very organized as they have photo books of preset tours in addition the tour can be altar to the wants of the passenger.

Had the best time ! Saw far more than the tour through the cruiseline. Much time was saved as the taxi is allowed to drive directly through the entrance of the old fortress walls of Pisa as well as the surrounding towns in the area. Tours buses are too large drive through these entrances and have to park several blocks away.

Sorry just for clarification, it is Royal Caribbeans trip to Pisa alone (not the Florence/Pisa combo) that I am asking about. Not wanting info on other tour companies. I have heard that we may have only 45 minutes in Field of miracles and that may not be enough time to ensure we get to climb tower. Certain members of my party will only travel on RC trip for fear of any issue causing them to miss ship.

Thanks

Sorry just for clarification, it is Royal Caribbeans trip to Pisa alone (not the Florence/Pisa combo) that I am asking about. Not wanting info on other tour companies. I have heard that we may have only 45 minutes in Field of miracles and that may not be enough time to ensure we get to climb tower. Certain members of my party will only travel on RC trip for fear of any issue causing them to miss ship.

Thanks

We did this excursion through the cruise line. Definitely had more than 45 minutes at the tower, couple of hours I believe. This was several years ago so things might have changed. As wales4ever said there's not a lot to see aside from the tower so you really don't need too much time there.

Thanks

So you won't consider the RCI Pisa/Florence combo...sorry but is it really necessary to climb the tower....Florence is a great addition ...actually the time we got to spend there over shadowed the tower or the need to climb it...seeing it was enough...JMHO...what ever works for you and your group I'm sure you'll enjoy.

So you won't consider the RCI Pisa/Florence combo...sorry but is it really necessary to climb the tower....Florence is a great addition ...actually the time we got to spend there over shadowed the tower or the need to climb it...seeing it was enough...JMHO...what ever works for you and your group I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Funny, cause I had originally booked the combo excursion, but this was our last port on a very port-intensive cruise and decided the 5-6 hours of driving was too much. Next time there will make sure we get to see Florence.

Funny, cause I had originally booked the combo excursion, but this was our last port on a very port-intensive cruise and decided the 5-6 hours of driving was too much. Next time there will make sure we get to see Florence.

Personally I can't see touring Florence in less than two days. Better for a dedicated trip to Italy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Personally I can't see touring Florence in less than two days. Better for a dedicated trip to Italy

Perhaps...but not even what the OP was considering...You do what you can do with the allotted time...as not everyone can do what you can't see as an option ;)

It's on par with climbing the cupola at St Peter's.

This I have done a long time ago. My sister in law really wants to climb the tower. She has already been to Florence and loved it. She is the one who has advised us to leave Florence till another time as a few hours is not enough time. Our group has only 2 things that are must do's on this cruise. One is the leaning tower, the other Pompeii. If we were not travelling with children we would be more likely to travel independently.

Seems like the OP and I are on the same page. [emoji6]

That happens all the time when only limited info is given at the outset...Details can be important to alleviate useless answers, suggestions and experiences...Oh well, sometimes those might just help others looking too. ;)

That happens all the time when only limited info is given at the outset...Details can be important to alleviate useless answers, suggestions and experiences...Oh well, sometimes those might just help others looking too. ;)

Sorry I didn't mean to upset anyone. I thought I was concise but clear. The thread title was RCL Pisa excision. The reason I put RCL was for clarity.