are we seeing non refundable deposits slowly being integrated

They are also charging $100/pp change fee if you change to a different ship and sail date. This is if you book at least 6 mo prior with the lowest fare and the non refundable deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would anyone get insurance to insure against a $100 pp event? The cost would probably not make financial sense.

I wouldn't.

I do book travel insurance for my cruises as I book the cruise with the intent to take the cruise and as such, I like to have pre-existing conditions covered. I like and hope to never use the Medical evacuation feature. Thus if I am canceling the cruise, due to a covered reason, I was asking the question/suggesting a coverage that the insurance policy could cover that cost as part of the coverage if there is a lost of deposit or portion of.

Also, the new policy is new and the amount could: a) go away, b) decrease, c) stay the same, d) increase.

Edited by shipshape sam

Hi,

We booked five cruises on May 1st onboard the Brilliance. Two are for Oct/Nov. 2017, one for May 2018, two for Oct/Nov. 2018. Just catching up on all this. So our cruises do not fall under the new rules?

Does this mean, if we contacted our TA could we make all or some of them NRD?

If we made the Oct/Nov. 2017 cruises non-refundable would we could receive $100 savings for switching & $100 for booking outside 6 months? The final payment date on these two is July 21 & Aug. 4.

Thanks a lot.

NJ

Hi,

Concerning my original post above. Does the NRD only refer to bookings made with RCI?

I haven't seen anything in previous posts about cruises already booked. Should I be looking into this?

Thanks for any info.

NJ

I was pleasantly surprised to see the non-refundable price listed today. Compared to the price listed yesterday we saved $400 on the total booking plus each received $100 onboard credit for a Balcony sailing to Alaska next May. I'm more than willing to bet that we don't have to cancel and pay the $200 fee for $600 cheaper cruise fare. :D

So apparently RCL is going to let people change existing bookings into a non refundable booking when this rolls out??!!

I thought it would just apply to bookings MADE July 1 or later

So apparently RCL is going to let people change existing bookings into a non refundable booking when this rolls out??!!

I thought it would just apply to bookings MADE July 1 or later

That is correct, I rolled my 7N Adventure into an NDR on June 13th.

Booked a cruise on board Oasis last week and was told by our NextCruise agent that on July 1st all deposits would be non-refundable as well as be higher than they are currently. This played a role in our decision to book. We actually booked a cruise we have no intention of taking on the advice of the agent so we could lock in the lower refundable deposit along with the on board credit which she assured us would transfer when we switch to the cruise we actually want.

I heard that there will be a charge for any changes in sail date or ship.

I think there may also be a date by which you must use or lose?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also we book as much as 18 months out. However I am never guaranteed vacation until about 6-8 months prior. I had to move one this past Aptil to March due to that. I don't want to pay change fees or I will need to wait to book. $200 is a lot to me.

One option is to initially book "Refundable", then once your vacation is confirmed, you have the option to move to non-refundable if it makes sense for you to do so.

• 3 weeks later...

i regularly check the 12/14/17 sailing on anthem

today on 1st balcony screen i get to its 803 non refund and we choose room, 699 non refund you choose room and 902 refundable deposit.

so why would anyone choose 803?

wheni picked the 699, the deck 9 d7 ive been following at around 1984 is now 1826 when i get to the screen to choose the room but when i go to final screen its 2217 which makes no sense.

when i choose the 902 room, the d7 is 2217 as well. IT messed up i think

Edited by luckyinpa