are we seeing non refundable deposits slowly being integrated

No, my understanding is that you get a lower rate upfront in exchange, the deposit is non refundable.

No, the same price drops rules will exist, but in case of changes (price drops, cancel, move of sailing, change in cabin cat, etc - anything that previously would have repriced the cruise), under the new scheme, it will cost you - as of now it seems to be $100.

Can you get price drops with the non refundable deposit program?

Yes, you can still get price drops up until final payment.

From Flyer:

Key Points

The Non-Refundable Deposit fare will default at the Best Rate whenever available, as it will always be priced lower than the Regular Brand Promotion.

I also confirmed this today with a supervisor at C&A.

Yes, you can still get price drops up until final payment.

From Flyer:

Key Points

The Non-Refundable Deposit fare will default at the Best Rate whenever available, as it will always be priced lower than the Regular Brand Promotion.

I also confirmed this today with a supervisor at C&A.

Do you have a link to the flyer? I need to reread what I thought I had read before.:)

Do you have a link to the flyer? I need to reread what I thought I had read before.:)

Nonrefundable Overview PDF

Nonrefundable FAQ PDF

From Scenario 20 FAQ.

Will a change fee be incurred to adjust inventory types?

Any booking originally created as non-refundable will maintain this status for the life of the reservation, regardless of subsequent category changes. Change fees are only incurred should an adjustment to the ship and/or sail date occur; therefore, no change fee will be assessed upon swapping between category types on the same ship and sail date.

So, then, maybe no fee assessed for a price drop, nor an after final payment upgrade.

When I spoke to the C&A Supervisor today, she said that the price drops "should" be automatic up until final payment with no fees applied. After final payment, there would be no price drop adjustments applied.

After final payment, there would be no price drop adjustments applied.

There are none now so that isn't a change. I have to assume upgrades will still be possible (without a fee) after final.

It seems to me the fee is stop people from hoarding bookings and making changes willy-nilly.

I have to say that in reading this - for me it seems like a positive thing. While I have changed/canceled a couple cruises - for the most part I stick with what I have booked. And I like the idea of getting the best price is I am willing to accept a NRD. Also, if I do cancel, I get the NRD as a future cruise certificate is fine by me as I cruise plenty to use it.

I hope it causes these ideal staterooms (like studios, aft balconies, etc) to not book up quite so fast.

I have to say that in reading this - for me it seems like a positive thing. While I have changed/canceled a couple cruises - for the most part I stick with what I have booked. And I like the idea of getting the best price is I am willing to accept a NRD. Also, if I do cancel, I get the NRD as a future cruise certificate is fine by me as I cruise plenty to use it.

If I understand it correctly, you only get the amount of deposit >$100 p/p change fee.

From FAQ Flyer

8. Should your clients choose to cancel a reservation confirmed under a nonrefundable deposit fare,

what refunds will apply?

Outside of final payment, when a nonrefundable deposit cancellation occurs, your clients will receive a Future Cruise

Certificate in the amount of their designated cruise deposit, less the $100 per guest change fee. Such Future Cruise

Certificates can be applied towards your client’s future Royal Caribbean cruise vacation when reserved within 1 year of

the issue date. Thereafter, the Future Cruise Certificate will expire and becomes invalid.

What I am curious about is what if you have booked an NRD while on-board for an inside room on a 7N cruise, where you are only required to put down $50. Then if you cancel, will they charge you the additional $150 (assuming 2 people).

Edited by WeatherFx

Anyone have experience on how quick you can meet with a Next Cruise assoc when boarding? We board June 30th & wonder if we can get something booked before the July 1st date or not?

They are open on boarding day and in my experience are usually not that busy

Here is more info on the program

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

When I spoke to the C&A Supervisor today, she said that the price drops "should" be automatic up until final payment with no fees applied. After final payment, there would be no price drop adjustments applied.

What does automatic mean. Does it mean that if a price drop, RCL will automatically adjust your cruise fare to a lower amount.

Anyone have experience on how quick you can meet with a Next Cruise assoc when boarding? We board June 30th & wonder if we can get something booked before the July 1st date or not?

They usually have a book that you choose a date and time.

I doubt you would have any problem - unless there are several others on your cruise that are planning the same thing as you...

Maybe I don't remember correctly, but I thought non-refundables were coming for every category if one opted for the lower price. We just didn't know what the price difference would be.

My RCI TA told me that the non-refundable cheaper price becomes effective, I believe, July 1, 2017. She said that cruisers will have a choice between the non-refundable cheaper price and the Standard Price which is what we are currently using. This will apply to all categories.

So your memory serves you well, Bob. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Judy

What does automatic mean. Does it mean that if a price drop, RCL will automatically adjust your cruise fare to a lower amount.

That's what the C&A Supervisor said to me today. The flyer stated it would "default at the best rate wherever available". So I had asked whether I would have to call to get it or will they do it automatically. She said automatically. We will have to wait and see. We all know how good RCL's IT department is.

Not sure I totally understand....can you pay more for a refundable deposit or is that no longer an option.

We take almost all the cruises we book but there are exceptions. For instance our daughter is now having a baby and we are going to have to move that cruise and may never be able to take it. She's due the week before the cruise and no way am I cruising then. (Guess I better move it before July 1st right?)

Also we book as much as 18 months out. However I am never guaranteed vacation until about 6-8 months prior. I had to move one this past Aptil to March due to that. I don't want to pay change fees or I will need to wait to book. $200 is a lot to me.

Will bookings still have lower deposits when booked on board? Less risk to take in that case...

I get this for RCL because of some who book so many cruises they never planned to take but it may end up hurting some of us. We have appreciated some flexibility. The DH won't let me book so many anymore knowing we might lose money. He'd rather take the chance and pay more then lose it.

So I had asked whether I would have to call to get it or will they do it automatically. She said automatically. .

Sure the price automatically adjusts in their system, but not on your booking - there's no way they would do that.

IWhat I am curious about is what if you have booked an NRD while on-board for an inside room on a 7N cruise, where you are only required to put down $50. Then if you cancel, will they charge you the additional $150 (assuming 2 people).

I don't see how they can get the money from you if you are outside final payment.