Specialty Dining question

curlybelle2

I have two questions with Specialty Dining. This is our first experience with a specialty restaurant.

1. We were to get a commentary specialty dining for two and I don't see it in specialty dining reservations on "My Princess". Should I call Princess or am I looking in the wrong place?

2. Do we tip at the end of dinner in a specialty restaurant or is it a part of the auto tip ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi - Princess will place the specialty dining certificate in your room - and lately has been assigning a restaurant and time for dinner. You can change both restaurant and time once on-board if you want. There is no 'mandated' tip at the end of dinner, but, if the service was really good then I normally give the head waiter (or the best server) a tip (to keep or share as they desire).

Have a great cruise and enjoy your specialty restaurant treat!

As stated by Pythian you will have a gift card in your cabin when your board. It will most likely show the restaurant and the reservation day and time. Without knowing your ship we can't advise what specialty restaurants are available. Not all ships are the same. Usually the gift is for the $29/pp restaurant(s) and possibly the Crab Shack experience. Once on board you can call the dine line to change the time or day. You can also change the restaurant, so know in advance what is on board.

If you go to My Princess, onboard reservations, scroll to the bottom of the page that is where it should show your complimentary dinners. I always print stuff like this and take it with us just incase there is a mix up.

I found it!! Thanks!:D

Just so you know... The servers in the specialty restaurants are part of the normal tip "pool" so there is no need to tip extra. I know many do but, if you don't, there is no need to feel you are cheating anybody. It is entirely up to the individual.