UK Network Wifi Calling?

leehal

Has anyone any experience of using wifi calling on board?

I am with Three in the UK and they now have wifi calling, if needs be I can use a VPN, not sure if you need to be in the UK for it to work to avoid call charges.

I use AT&T calling over wifi while signed into Celebrity Reflection wifi system every day on Reflection. No problem.

I suggest you try the " calling over wifi " from a couple of locations there at home. Go ahead not airplane mode and manually turn on wifi. Give it a minute or two to establish the connection. If it works for you at Starbucks, or your local library or wherever, it should work on the ship.

To make sure you are not in the ship's cellular system make sure you phone is in airplane mode and then go back and turn on just the wifi. Once you are logged in you should be able to use wifi calling but the quality will depend on the location of the ship--they use satellite for internet--and how busy the system is. We tried once on our Asia cruise on the Millennium and it sort of worked. The call did go through and I was able to talk to my brother back in Maryland but the overall quality was poor. I would not want to try and do any business that way.

Calling over wifi works great on Reflection from the Med. we have AT&T and Iphone 7's. Go into airplane mode, manually turn on wifi and wait (maybe up to two minutes) and then AT&T shows up at the top of the screen next to the airplane symbol. Be patient.

Agree with the advice to test it at home before you leave the U.K.

Has anyone any experience of using wifi calling on board?

I am with Three in the UK and they now have wifi calling, if needs be I can use a VPN, not sure if you need to be in the UK for it to work to avoid call charges.

We are on three , and their mobile abroad is ace , have used it for many years since they brought in their " feel at home " package free for most eu countries ( check list ) , USA etc and we use messenger to call when abroad .

It works well , try it in the uk first and see how good it is .

My husband calls me from the USA / India etc when away on business on messenger , and it's very clear and very reliable .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On the Eclipse now and although I'm on the ships wifi, no 'wifi calling' logo. Never mind at least I can use my phone in all ports except St Petersburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Eclipse now and although I'm on the ships wifi, no 'wifi calling' logo. Never mind at least I can use my phone in all ports except St Petersburg.

Hope you're having s great time

We get on on the 13/8 x