2017 explorer4 returns

bastmr

Today online at the dutch HAL site: explorer4 PRE-sale. Only 2018 european sailings. Offer ends november 17th.

The usual stuff: SBP, PG diner, up to $200 OBC p/person in a suite, flexible bookings and free/reduced fares for 3rd/4th passenger.

I can't visit the USA website from here. So don't know if the promo is online in the states as well.

Can't wait for the real (non-pre) sale. I've booked a 2017 hollidays cruise in the Caribbean. Maybe in can add the promo on my booking (depends the price increase..)

Only the Ready,Set,Sail promo is showing on HAL right now.

Nothing about Explore4.

I am in Germany right now, so can see the Explore4 info. One thing I noticed in the Terms and Conditions is that the deposit is non-refundable. Of course this addresses booking from Europe.

We are off to AMS tomorrow to board the Prinsendam for the first time, really looking forward to it!

I am in Germany right now, so can see the Explore4 info. One thing I noticed in the Terms and Conditions is that the deposit is non-refundable. Of course this addresses booking from Europe.

We are off to AMS tomorrow to board the Prinsendam for the first time, really looking forward to it!

deposits over here are always non refundable (i guess :confused:). we can change every part of the booking, including the ship, but paid is paid.

Enjoy AMS and Norway :cool:. It's gonna be a nice day Saturday for your sailaway.

I don't know of you can visit the dutch website: its partial dutch and english (lost in translation) https://nl.hollandamerica.com/ennl/find-cruise-vacations/CruiseCampaign?page=0&dest=multi_E417_1&specialOfferType=E417&ICID=CD_E4_EU

We had the Top 10 offer for the last 2 weeks. And free flights on selected caribbean cruises this winter.

Don't get too excited about the Explore4 Package. I compared prices on some cruises for 2018 we are considering and were very disappointed because in most cases the prices have risen considerably ( as usual??) so far that it exceeds the perks: for example almost 1000 Euros p.P. on a cruise of 12-14 nights - I'll never be able to drink that much or I wouldn't be able even to crawl back into my cabin at night. Even the "free" dinner at the Pinnacle Grill won't help. And as most of the cruises we have been looking at are balcony cabins, not suites we'll also not be able to get the OBC. Perhaps customers in the US and Canada will be able to get better conditions, maybe some cruises have less of a price hike.

For us it's more interesting to have a promo that offers paid gratuities and/ or onboard credit without having this kind of inflated prices.

I don't know of you can visit the dutch website: its partial dutch and english (lost in translation) https://nl.hollandamerica.com/ennl/find-cruise-vacations/CruiseCampaign?page=0&dest=multi_E417_1&specialOfferType=E417&ICID=CD_E4_EU

We had the Top 10 offer for the last 2 weeks. And free flights on selected caribbean cruises this winter.

Thanks for the link - it works ok. I notice that it says 'Explore 4 Pre Sale'. Last year Explore 4 had free gratuities!

We also had and still have, Top 10 offer and free flights.

We booked a 17 day holiday cruise on NA December 20, 2017 to January 6, 2018 and paid $4200.00 taxes and fees in total for the two of us in an inside GT.

The ready set sail promo price for the same cruise same cabin is $7596.00. A real bargain! Caveat Emptor. Don't assume you are getting a deal, your not.

deposits over here are always non refundable (i guess :confused:). we can change every part of the booking, including the ship, but paid is paid.

Enjoy AMS and Norway :cool:. It's gonna be a nice day Saturday for your sailaway.

Thanks, getting ready for the train journey to AMS and overnight there.

There's always some homework with the HAL promo's. Thats why i always call the Rotterdam office and ask for the cabinprice without promo codes.

For our V-A on the Koningsdam the non-promo price is € 2.149 p/person (incl tax).

The get up and go promo was € 2.069 p/person incl $200 OBC and $50 internet credit incl tax. So a good deal and a good promo.

But most of the times, you pay your own bennefits and its: 'prepaid' and not 'free' [emoji848].

When Explore4 is available for our sailing, i'll do my homework again. I'll rather pay for things myself so it add extra cruisedaypoints to my account.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Forums

Last year HAL jacked the prices up for the Explore4 promo to cover the cost of the Signature Beverage Cards, Gratuities, Internet, etc.

Then once the promo offer was over, cabin prices went down.

Some people asked HAL what the cost of a cabin would be without the promo and were given a much lower price.

Last year HAL jacked the prices up for the Explore4 promo to cover the cost of the Signature Beverage Cards, Gratuities, Internet, etc.

Then once the promo offer was over, cabin prices went down.

Some people asked HAL what the cost of a cabin would be without the promo and were given a much lower price.

My TA will check prices with and without a promo, and usually the difference is considerable and we skip the promo. Once in a while it isn't much more to have the promo, so we take it. You do have the check all the options before booking.