Hotel with cruise and snooze plus parking San Diego

carefree lady

We need a hotel for 1 night that provides a shuttle to the port and parking for a 7 night cruise. Any suggestions?

We used the Best Western Yacht Harbor in an Diego for a 31 day cruise in 2014. You must call the hotel direct to arrange this. 14 days of parking was included in the package, and then additional days were $7, I believe . The hotel has a covered garage. The staff was very helpful. We used them again for a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Westerdam last November. I would use them again as cruise parking in San Diego can be a challenge. The lot we used to use across from the cruise pier was converted to a park.

Karen

We need a hotel for 1 night that provides a shuttle to the port and parking for a 7 night cruise. Any suggestions?

Check the Hilton on Harbor Island Drive. We booked their "Snooze and Cruise" package for a Dec '17 cruise (and the price was not too crazy). We are flying in so I cannot comment about the 7 day parking. I am sure their web site would have info.

Are you driving in from Carefree? (I miss Harrolds!!!) You could also park in the long-term lot at the airport and do a shuttle from there to one of the dock-side hotels. Then, you could have a relaxing morning and just walk across the street (literally) to the ship. You could choose from the Residence Inn, the Springhill Suites, the Wyndham Bayside, and more.

You don't really need a dedicated hotel shuttle as many hotels are within one mile of the San Diego cruise port. Any taxi/Lyft/Uber car will do. Likewise, you could use one of several parking facilities in the area.

A few nice hotel suggestions:

Fancy : Manchester Grand Hyatt

Historical: The US Grant

Super-close to cruise port and less expensive: Wyndam San Diego Bayside

Having said that, if you want a complete sleep and park package then here is some information:

http://www.cruzely.com/san-diego-hotels-with-cruise-parking/

igraf

Edited by igraf

Are you driving in from Carefree? (I miss Harrolds!!!) You could also park in the long-term lot at the airport and do a shuttle from there to one of the dock-side hotels. Then, you could have a relaxing morning and just walk across the street (literally) to the ship. You could choose from the Residence Inn, the Springhill Suites, the Wyndham Bayside, and more.

Yes we're driving. Did you live in Carefree?

Yes we're driving. Did you live in Carefree?

Had a place in Legend Trail, just down from Carefree. Spent time every month and all holidays down there. The ex lives there now. LT is so far north, Carefree was the place to go for anything. AJs, Harold's, the good breakfast places, it goes on.

Check the Hilton on Harbor Island Drive. We booked their "Snooze and Cruise" package for a Dec '17 cruise (and the price was not too crazy). We are flying in so I cannot comment about the 7 day parking. I am sure their web site would have info.

We live south of Tucson and when we cruise out of SD we always drive. We also always stay at the San Diego Hilton Airport/Harbor Island. It's a great hotel right on the harbor. Last cruise we paid $10/per night to leave our vehicle. They shuttle you to the port, but do not pick up at the end of the cruise. We took a cab back to the hotel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Not to be confused with the Hilton San Diego Bayside which is located on the south side of downtown near the ballpark. Parking is more expensive at the Hilton San Diego Bayside.

igraf

We live south of Tucson and when we cruise out of SD we always drive. We also always stay at the San Diego Hilton Airport/Harbor Island. It's a great hotel right on the harbor. Last cruise we paid $10/per night to leave our vehicle. They shuttle you to the port, but do not pick up at the end of the cruise. We took a cab back to the hotel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Had a place in Legend Trail, just down from Carefree. Spent time every month and all holidays down there. The ex lives there now. LT is so far north, Carefree was the place to go for anything. AJs, Harold's, the good breakfast places, it goes on.

We moved to Carefree 10 years ago from NJ. We live here year round and love it. We actually prefer the summer despite the heat. There is less traffic and no waits at restaurants.

We moved to Carefree 10 years ago from NJ. We live here year round and love it. We actually prefer the summer despite the heat. There is less traffic and no waits at restaurants.

I'm not a heat person, but I'd spend my summer days floating in my pool, with smooth jazz music playing in the background. The now-ex would still go out and play golf... Definitely no waits at restaurants!

You can find parking at the airport off-site lots for less than $11/day. I often park at San Diego Airport Parking: http://www.sdap.net/8801.html Often there are discounted/coupon deals available (Google "san diego discount airport parking"). They will shuttle you to the port.

Some hotels downtown (Embarcadero/Marina/Gaslamp) offer parking packages, but the parking is not free. If you want to find someplace with free parking, you would do better to look at a hotel in Mission Valley/Hotel Circle. Most will not provide a cruise ship shuttle, but it is not an expensive Uber or even cab drive from those hotels to the pier, and the savings on paying for parking should more than offset that cost.

Not yet. Probably the Wyndam since it's across the street.

Depending on when your cruise is, recommend reserving your parking early (Wyndham specifically), as it sells out fast on cruise days.

We live in San Diego, were initially planning to drive to the port and park at Wyndham for $11/day for our cruise end of September. When I went online about 3 weeks ago to reserve my parking they were already sold out. Apparently they limit how many spaces they sell for cruise parking.

It is usually less expensive to take a Uber or Lyft car from a San Diego location to the cruise port as opposed to paying for a week or more of parking. I personally use Lyft. As a bonus, my car remains safe at home in my garage. Much better than a tight, door-dinging parking slot in a commercial parking lot.

igraf

...We live in San Diego, were initially planning to drive to the port and park at Wyndham for $11/day for our cruise end of September. When I went online about 3 weeks ago to reserve my parking they were already sold out. Apparently they limit how many spaces they sell for cruise parking.