Live from Meraviglia

Beamafar

40eca5973ee4d62301559060ad91ee00.jpg

9afdecbc7df2fc58d97bd7af841f77d5.jpg

Mashed smoked potato

37787cba3acac2477334f4bf63758134.jpg

The food and service is excellent - I can't recommend it highly enough. Unlike other speciality restaurants on some MSC ships this one feels like a real restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere.

Black card holders can select a starter, mains and dessert from the Dining Experience menu.

Drinks packages operate in the same way as they do in the MDRs except for Cheers which is not recognised here. As YC guests have premium - they can order wine by the glass from the following list

4edcdf6500586bcd2e4660c0e51758ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Ooh Butcher's Cut menu looks good & a brunch menu too! Glad you enjoyed it [emoji4] - there seem to be other places you have mentioned where food can be ordered that aren't in any info mentioned by MSC - it's all steeped in mystery!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like champagne by the glass is included in the bar menu as it only has one star by it. I am happy! :)

Bea, can you confirm this?

If yes that makes me very happy and we might change our plans to try lots of different drinks and only drink Champagne!

I know that other sparkling wines are included but a thought that Champagne wasn't but since it only has one star, maybe...

Dear Bea,

Your YC posts are just what we (future YC cruisers - for us it will be April 2018) were looking for. Thank you for the time and effort put into your reports live onboard, greatly appreciated.

We have the Royal Suite on our cruise. I haven't heard or seen any information or pictures so any info you can get your hands on would be fantastic!

Just let the information, pictures, photos and menus and more come our way so we can already look forward to our future cruise!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Forums

Hi J ........ just getting around to answering the questions I've missed.

The situation with royal suite is it is booked solid for the rest of the year. I was discussing your question with Andrea, the hotel director's assistant, who is responsible for YC. He was telling me how frustrated the travel agents and travel bloggers were that he wouldn't allow them take pics while guests were in situ in the cabin. Hopefully someone staying in one will post pics before you sail. Sorry I couldn't help!

We aren't on till next June, so hope all the kinks worked out by then. A couple things which I hope are changed:

1. All inclusive drink package not available in specialty restaurants...what do they expect that we do? Get the drink before going into the restaurant? What about wine and such w/ the meal? Or pay for them

OOP :(

2. Hope outdoor grill expands its menu.

Thank-you so much for doing this Bea. Have an amazing time.

There was so much misinformation about this that I spoke to the sommelier in charge of this. We know him very well from past cruises. He's having a staff meeting today to ensure that the servers will be better informed.

Last night was 'Elegance' night. I would leave the tux and even the suit at home if it was anything to go by. If it weren't for how the crew were dressed and high number of officers milling about you be forgiven for thinking that it was casual night. Here are the menu & pics of what we had

cd9ffa1792a55621419991de6958e37c.jpg

0a37e3437e33e748fc59879b64ee2ae8.jpg

3965757e4dafcd492ea4d2b439048491.jpg

80bf5fd18d83b868748383978ca7b546.jpg

bb22968b6f3a9bccc017570edba451e5.jpg

Bea....thank you for taking the time to pay it forward and enlighten us with details of your findings. Looking forward to our first cruise on MSC in January on the Seaside, which will be in the YC. Is there a standard dinner menu that remains the same each day in the YC restaurant that may happen to include basic fare like a filet mignon or broiled chicken breast? My GF does not eat any seafood or mushrooms and the last menu posted would leave her with one choice for starter and one choice for main. Otherwise, it would be a lot of room service pizza ordered....that is free for YC guests, right? Thanks again,

Kizzabel - thank you!

SNJ - I have never enjoyed the fare offered on Gala nights in YC. The photo of the salmon is what I ordered off menu. However the beef tenderloin I had was really good. I passed on the foie gras which is why it doesn't appear in the photo. I haven't noticed an 'Always available' list for dinner (I'd need to look back thru the photos of the menus myself!). But believe me they will do their best to find something for you. YC is awesome in that regard. Our waiter was unhappy that there was nothing in the starters that I could eat so I settled for the smoked salmon when he offered it despite having had it for breakfast that morning!

The room service pizza is free and available from 8pm til 12pm. It is made on deck 15 - not from Eataly! I think I posted a pic of the menu earlier on.

Here's a photo of a little treat sent to the cabin as a gesture for an issue we had.

a60f5d5e66c2bc6146aae2049c259701.jpg

The level of misinformation is so bad it's shocking. I've got to a stage where I cannot believe a word I'm being told!

We call into the Brass Anchor regularly to say hi to a crew member there. Early on we asked if the food was included for YC. No-one was sure. See post 57 for what I wrote at the time. I just checked my account and we've been charged! Concierge has just told me food in BA NOT included!

Wonder would anyone know what white wines ( sauvignon blanc) are included in the all inclusive beverage package ( €26 per day).

I note from the menus that some items have a asterisk, some two. What does this mean. For example nearly all the draught beers, except Heineken, have an asterisk despite that fact that they are all the same price.

From the above you can take it that my wife only drinks white wine, whilst my favourite tipple is draught beer. We are trying to work out if it will be worth our while buying the package.

Is there a huge difference in the food in the main dining room or for those not on yc? Thanks so much for all your information- we will be traveling with our two year old in Sept and we were hoping to be able to get a babysitter for one night to see the cirque du soleil show. Do you know is there a babysitting service on board?

Bea, can you confirm this?

If yes that makes me very happy and we might change our plans to try lots of different drinks and only drink Champagne!

I know that other sparkling wines are included but a thought that Champagne wasn't but since it only has one star, maybe...

Sorry I didn't reply yet. I haven't had a chance to confirm this.

Is there a huge difference in the food in the main dining room or for those not on yc? Thanks so much for all your information- we will be traveling with our two year old in Sept and we were hoping to be able to get a babysitter for one night to see the cirque du soleil show. Do you know is there a babysitting service on board?

I don't know the answer. I'm sure there'll be someone on before you sail who can.

There is a significant difference between YC and MDR food. Also in the cruise price!!

Frank .... ..... I don't know what wines are included As I'm in YC.

One asterisk means for premium (deluxe) package and YC ; two asterisks means not included in any package!

Thank you for that. Seems strange that one beer at €4.80 is available but others at the same price are not.

Frank .... I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out the reason behind some of MSC's policies!

SC........ the food is absolutely wonderful. That is coming from someone who normally doesn't comment aboit the food onboard as I'm a fussy eater!

So, DH and I both had the rooster for lunch. While it was a little dry I came very close to having a second helping!

5311dad1fb0f5a8c332cc0bf6bef6f5c.jpg

For dessert I asked if it was possible to get the Apple pie with whipped cream as I don't care for gelato. No problem! DH had his á la mode

daeb0eae8cf61d10f42cd6db88083a2f.jpg

2afdbdb83866af0bec3c9519c865f379.jpg

The food does look good at YC I have to say but Italian style food is one of my favourite cuisines!

Bea - what about your excursions with MSC? I hope this is something that is more organised!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums