Diamond one-time donation to St. Jude .

BoDidly

How will the one-time donation to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital ® work?

Each year, for every guest that reaches the Diamond level in the VIFP Club, Carnival will make a $100 USD donation to St. Jude. In the initial year,

So wheres yout recept for this donation ? Did you get one ? Did you get a St Judes T Shirt and a wrist band ? Asking guest services will get you strange looks with No Answers.

As a matter of fact most people at guest services have no idea what it is. Even by having worked in guest services for fifteen years gets this same eye :oglazing responce.. Give em a call at Carnival , let me know what answers you get. Just for curiosity reasons.

Why would "you" get a receipt?? You didn't make the donation....Carnival did. And why should you get anything, but a good feeling knowing that Carnival made this donation.

I've got an idea...why don't you match the $100 donation?? Just asking for curiosity reasons.

BoDidy's post seems to boil down to the question: why is Carnival advertising this if it doesn't affect the me directly? The answer to the question is marketing and cheap incentive provided to passengers to further encourage passengers to shoot for a higher vifp status.

The question that you have to ask yourself is: who is this hurting? I'm probably not going to try to make Diamond just based on that incentive, but it doesn't hurt me if St. Jude gets some $$$ and Carnival gets advertising. It probably isn't something to get too work up about, definitely bigger injustices in the world right now.

Why would "you" get a receipt?? You didn't make the donation....Carnival did. And why should you get anything, but a good feeling knowing that Carnival made this donation.

I've got an idea...why don't you match the $100 donation?? Just asking for curiosity reasons.

I don't think you understand my post to well , just for the record I'm well beyond the 100 dollar donations for cancer by far. For obvious reasons I have the T-shirt and wrist band from years back. But a Donation for becoming Diamond without the reconition to the persons seems strange as a perk for the Diamond.

Edited by BoDidly

BoDidy's post seems to boil down to the question: why is Carnival advertising this if it doesn't affect the me directly? The answer to the question is marketing and cheap incentive provided to passengers to further encourage passengers to shoot for a higher vifp status.

The question that you have to ask yourself is: who is this hurting? I'm probably not going to try to make Diamond just based on that incentive, but it doesn't hurt me if St. Jude gets some $$$ and Carnival gets advertising. It probably isn't something to get too work up about, definitely bigger injustices in the world right now.

I do understand your point but the perk is for becoming Diamond which is great for St Jude , but still it would seem the person would at least get a receipt . And No I don't like trusting Carnivals word for it.

Edited by BoDidly

But it doesn't say they're making a donation in the passenger's name. Lots of businesses do similar things. It's more advertisement for their designated charity or cause than anything else and I've never heard of anyone getting a receipt for a donation made by a business because the customer did XYZ. If you go buy a bag of dog food at Petsmart they will donate a meal to an animal in need. You will not get a receipt for that donation either. When you shop through AmazonSmile and have a designated charity where Amazon gives a small percentage of your purchases to that charity, you will not get a receipt for that either. *You* aren't actually donating money, so no, you cannot write that off as a tax deduction. Yeah, it's kind of strange they list it as a "perk", but Carnival is simply trying to make it known that St. Jude is their charity of choice and that they make a nominal donation when they gain a new Diamond passenger. The only perk to you on that is that your new status pulled $100 from Carnival's pockets and dropped it into St. Jude's.

Hmmm there are plenty of these corp branding donation program that go on.. I never have heard of getting a receipt or employees outside of possibly the marketing dept responsible for the program to even know the details..

buy a pizza during this week and xxx corp will donate to your charity .. do u get a receipt ? Does the owner , the pizza maker or delivery know when and how the corp makes the donation ?

i find it strange they list this a perk when it is one of many useless perks you earn as you climb the vifp ladder

If you followed the rest of the quote you would see what Carnival donates in totality to st Jude. While it does not affect your pocket, hardly

Meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jimbo5544