Soooo excited!!!

rrraydon

My daughter and I usually do about 4 cruises a year, but my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung CA about 3 years ago and it was a long road. He passed 2 years ago and we now take care of my mother who has Parkinson's. In addition, my daughter started college last year so she's limited.

Well, we're sick of not being on a ship!! ;p

So, I've been looking and I just booked us on the Victory for December!!

We are so excited...I'm going to burst if I don't tell someone who understands how much we've been dying!! :hearteyes:

Okay...I feel better now! :')

Omg I'm so glad someone understands!! My last cruise was 8 years ago, my fiance and i haven't been able to go on any since the day his dad past away my brother was diagnosed with leukemia and my mom has parkinson. We booked our cruise for February 3, 2018 and I can't stop thinking about it/planning it. I stop talking about it as much because I didn't want to annoy my fiance and friends who are joining us. So I'm dying with excitement with you!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

My daughter and I usually do about 4 cruises a year, but my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung CA about 3 years ago and it was a long road. He passed 2 years ago and we now take care of my mother who has Parkinson's. In addition, my daughter started college last year so she's limited.

We are so excited...I'm going to burst if I don't tell someone who understands how much we've been dying!! :hearteyes:

Enjoy your cruise to the fullest.

Sounds like you have been through a lot! Sorry to hear about your Dad, but excited to see your daughter going off to college! Wish her the best!

I totally understand what you're going through: I'm coming out of a 12 year "retirement" from cruising! I just got back from my 15th cruise and have number 16 planned! We were hit pretty hard with the economy, now things are looking up. During that 12 years, we never took a vacation, so it's a well-deserved vacation!

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

Yay!! I totally understand. Due to my husband's health issues, we've gone years between cruises, and now whenever we are able to get on a ship we are beyond thrilled...and we have two planned. Enjoy every moment of the planning, anticipation, and time on the ship.

lol I feel you. These are the kind of posts o love to see. I am kind of on the low right now in terms of excitement. I do not have any cruises booked until next year.

When are you coming down here? It's been too long!

I thought maybe we could have had a mini reunion back on Glory in Oct. Are you still thinking about it or are you just going with this one?

I haven't been down that way in sooo long! I think it's been almost 2 years since we've been to BG. We should get the group together for dinner in VA!

You're in charge! :D

I haven't been down that way in sooo long! I think it's been almost 2 years since we've been to BG. We should get the group together for dinner in VA!

You're in charge! :D

OK I'll see what I can do [emoji4]. I think I'm going to take vacation in August. No plans as of yet. I have a few ideas, but nothing seems to want to work the way I want it so the details are up in the air. I've never been so frustrated about taking a week off of work! I guess if I have to stay home, then I'll stay home. Won't be as fun as going somewhere but better than being at work I suppose.

Edited by firemanbobswife

• 3 weeks later...

I SOOO understand and am so happy for you and your daughter. Have been in same place with caring for mother and my cruise travel buddy daughter going off to college. No matter what, you need to take time for you and having this time with your daughter is precious!

My mom is now in assisted living and daughter is in grad school. Even with mom supposedly taken care of, I'm still seeing to her almost every day. But I've retired with the lifelong dream of cruising frequently. I'm probably not cruising as much as I would like but you know what, I am cruising! My mother doesn't like it but I (and you) deserve a life.

Have a great time!