Cigar after dinner?

MSseawind

Does anyone know if any of the Carnival ships still have a cigar bar? (I know the Victory had one years ago that even had a "cigar menu"). If not, do you know of any ships on other cruise lines that do? I'd love to surprise my husband with a cruise for his 75th birthday ... but for it to be worth it, there would have to be a nice place where he can enjoy a cigar after dinner.

Regretfully no. The Cigar Bar is going the way of the dinosaur which is a shame. Last cruise I took I had to mingle with the common folk smoking cigarettes on an open deck ..

Seriously, it does suck that this little pleasure is being phased out on more and more ships.

Try the NCL Escape. They have a (very) small space called The Humidor on Deck 8 that is specifically for cigar smoking -- right in front of the bar called, fittingly, Tobacco Road.

The cigar smoking sections on Triumph and Freedom were so limited...it's like deck 10 mid-aft. There's no bar you can sit at. No way for you to even see what's happening on lido while you smoke. At least on elation you could smoke at half of one of the lido bars. I don't know if that has changed or not. But with Triumph and Freedom I really just ended up smoking my cigars at ports. It's unfortunate. It seems like every ship has a bar nobody uses that would do well as smoking bars.

Agreed. I'm hoping to plan a "Big Smoke" on our roll call if anyone wants to join one evening on our upcoming Valor, 5 Night Cruise October 16th. I guess we'll just meet at the designated spot on Lido, Deck 10.

Really liked the outside smoking at the Red Frog on the Magic. It was the perfect location for our Big Smoke back in 2014.

On this site it still describes Blue Bar on Glory as a cigar bar.

Bar Blue (Deck 5): The ship's main cigar bar is decorated with giant peacock feathers that extend from the floor almost to the ceiling. It's the only indoor venue for smoking pipes or cigars (which can be purchased there), and despite the stage, it hosts no entertainment.

Is this no longer the case? I sail on her soon and was looking forward to a nice place to spark one.

Try the NCL Escape. They have a (very) small space called The Humidor on Deck 8 that is specifically for cigar smoking -- right in front of the bar called, fittingly, Tobacco Road.

That was like a double sized phone booth on the Escape. I do think you are allowed to smoke cigars all the way aft in the Spice section at the bar area.

humidor--v10602552-cc-720.jpg

The ones on the new Princess ships are even worse, unfortunately. Like a coffin.

Some RCI ships have Cigar bars; but not many of them; nice spaces though.

6771750905_e6a7a57225_b.jpg

Not sure about all carnival ships, but the last time I was on the victory they allowed smoking in the black and red seas lounge, the Fun Times specifying it as a designated indoor lounge for cigars. The MSC Divina has a decent sized enclosed smoking lounge for cigars too.

the-cigar-lounge--v12183138-cc-720.jpg

the-cigar-lounge--v12184512-cc-720.jpg

Edited by LMaxwell