Towels for excursion?

DachshundJ

yes indeed there will be.

Just don't forget to bring them back to avoid a charge;) Assuming they are in the cabin (which has been the case on our last cruises) just put them on the bathroom floor for laundering when you return and they will be replaced.

One of our excursions (River Rafting Norway) requires a towel. Will there be some available to take with us off the ship?

Thanks!

If the towels are not in your stateroom at embarkation, be sure ask your cabin steward for them. In the past towels were at the gangway. Last fall we were on the Westerdam for the first time and I mistakenly thought the towel situation may have been different, as towels had been in our room on other ships. As we were leaving for our HAL excursion I had to ask at the front desk and they were surprised that we hadn't received any towels. They gave me towels immediately and asked our stateroom #. After that towels magically appeared in our SS Suite.

I chalked it up to our overworked stewards with too many rooms to care for. If I had realized we should have had them, I would have asked our stewards prior to the excursion.

Enjoy Norway, it it a beautiful country!

Karen

On the Maasdam in the South Pacific last year, the blue and white beach towels were in our cabin. We used them on Dravuni Island, and there was a collection bin at the tender dock, which is where we put our wet towels. However, the day before we arrived in Sydney, our room steward came and asked to collect the beach towels. We told him we had put them in the bin at Dravuni. He was very worried and asked us to ring the front desk and tell them this as his supervisor was closely supervising the return of the towels. No hassle, we rang and never heard another thing. But I felt bad for the steward as he was obviously worried he would be penalised for missing towels. This year we will take the soggy towel back to the ship!