Are the Sauna & Steam Room Free on HAL Amsterdam?

cruzin4us

My DH wants to know if he will have access to the sauna and steam room after using the fitness center. Also, are the saunas/steam room located in the spa area or are there ones in the fitness room as well? (You can tell I don't use the fitness center :cool:)

We will be on the Neiuw Amsterdam in October.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry I don't have an answer but want to clarify a possible typo on which ship you are on. The header says "Amsterdam" but the message says you are on the "Nieuw Amsterdam". Would it be correct to presume that the "Nieuw" just got dropped from the title?

Roy

Can't say for sure about the Nieuw Amsterdam, but on the Noordam (which we sailed 3 weeks ago), the steam room was complimentary but there was a fee charged to use the sauna.

Can't say for sure about the Nieuw Amsterdam, but on the Noordam (which we sailed 3 weeks ago), the steam room was complimentary but there was a fee charged to use the sauna.

I think you have that reversed.

The "steam rooms" (all 3 of them) are located in the Thermal Suite area with the heated relaxation loungers and you need a pass to enter that area.

The "saunas" (1 for men and 1 for women) are located just as you leave the Lido pool area to enter the Greenhouse spa. They are free and usually unlocked. If locked, a spa attendant will open the door for you.

The Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam are identical in this respect and you can see the setup on the deck plan.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/deckplans/na_2.pdf