MSC to Home Port in New York City 2018 or 19

cruiserking

Just heard this from a friend of mine yesterday at a cruise luncheon on the NCL Gem.

It seems a new MSC ship will home port in Manhattan beginning either late 2018 or sometime in 2019.

Would love to try out the yacht club from the convenience of a cab ride away.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

It seems a new MSC ship will home port in Manhattan beginning either late 2018 or sometime in 2019.

Jonathan

Great news. The next big question is where will the ship cruise to from New York?

Great news. The next big question is where will the ship cruise to from New York?

I would imagine a combination of Southern Caribbean 10/12 day cruises and 7-day Bahamas plus New England/ Canada in the fall. Maybe Bermuda too.

I really hope they do a regular Caribbean run it would be a nice change from the Bahamas.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

It comes from the head honcho of MSC's east coast division and relayed to me by my friend who attends many cruising events.

Jonathan

This would be amazing. I honestly don't know why we don't have them here to begin with! I am not Italian, but there is such a large Italian population in NY/NJ. I think the cruise line would do extremely well...and I will be the first to book!!!!:cool::):')

I cruised once out of NY and never again. We cruise Caribbean during winter and Atlantic in winter not my kind of pleasure.Plus its cold almost 2 days each way.No thanks .

There's 20.2 million people in the tri-state area that would love nothing more than to cruise from winter to the Caribbean.

Having another cruise line nearby is huge, especially since you don't need to fly. Just a quick cab ride across town.

Jonathan

I have the Seaside YC booked for February 2019 from Miami. Are you saying there is a chance that this won't happen? I do live in NY but wanted to sail out of Miami and get out of the cold in February.

Thank you.

There's 20.2 million people in the tri-state area that would love nothing more than to cruise from winter to the Caribbean.

Having another cruise line nearby is huge, especially since you don't need to fly. Just a quick cab ride across town.

Jonathan

Let them have fun :* Maybe they love rock and roll and waste 4 days of vacation in cold .

Let them have fun :* Maybe they love rock and roll and waste 4 days of vacation in cold .

Winter is not the only season of the year....so a little confused by your statement. Just because you like to cruise in the winter, does not mean that I do. (which I don't, btw). Different strokes for different folks. :cool: There are many, many people that are scared to death of flying...(my big old brother is one of them) so, cruising and wasting 2 days down and back is perfect for him. He LOVES sea days (as do I). RCCL, Anthem is such a perfect solution, as it is a "cold weather" ship. Tons to do inside if the weather is not suitable. No different than taking an Alaskan cruise. (lying in the sun, swimming in the pools, etc). As I stated before, variety is the spice of life...and if we were all the same, life would prove very boring.

Winter is not the only season of the year....so a little confused by your statement. Just because you like to cruise in the winter, does not mean that I do. (which I don't, btw). Different strokes for different folks. :cool: There are many, many people that are scared to death of flying...(my big old brother is one of them) so, cruising and wasting 2 days down and back is perfect for him. He LOVES sea days (as do I). RCCL, Anthem is such a perfect solution, as it is a "cold weather" ship. Tons to do inside if the weather is not suitable. No different than taking an Alaskan cruise. (lying in the sun, swimming in the pools, etc). As I stated before, variety is the spice of life...and if we were all the same, life would prove very boring.

Yes, there is summer too but its hurricane season :') I did not say MSC will not find customers I just said its not for me. I will not cruise NCL even for free for example but many people love it.

And I certainly respect your preference...but please respect ours. ;)

BTW.....Hurricane Season:

June

July

August

September

October

November

Soooooo HALF the year is hurricane season. :)

PS: at least we are on the same page about NCL...LOL

Edited by champagne123

I would love to have an option to sail on MSC from NY area. We sailed on Poesia and Divina and enjoyed our experience.

Everything was wonderful except that food wasn't great, but acceptable.

I would be happy with either class of ships even 90k tons. Ships are beautiful.

I also hope MSC preserves it's Italian feel and brings their usual entertainment.

Wow, that's awesome news. We've never done MSC but sail routinely from from NYC and would love something new to try since everything else is 'been there done that.'

Sent from my iPhone using Forums