Drink options on Liberty

I'm considering getting one of the beverage packages on LOS but I want to know if they have Powerade available on the ship. I know they don't have the freestyle machines so I was wondering if you were able to get them from the bars?

Thanks

I'm considering getting one of the beverage packages on LOS but I want to know if they have Powerade available on the ship. I know they don't have the freestyle machines so I was wondering if you were able to get them from the bars?

Thanks

Without a Freestyle machine, your choices of soda with a drink package are limited to the fountain choices of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water. Some have reported being able to get cans of soda, but that is the exception, not the rule.

From what I've read they do check...they want you to buy the packages!

I agree with Carol, it would be very unusual for them to deny someone bringing on water or soft drinks. Might be more of an issue around spring break.

I'm going to bring a 12 pk of Coke Zero on our LOS trip in August. People would jump over board if they had to be around me for a whole week with no caffeine 😂. And those bar soda guns just don't have the right taste. It's fine I guess for a mixer but to drink plain I've always thought it tastes like there is not enough syrup in it. JMO

Oh and I'm not a coffee or tea drinker so Soda is my drug of choice😉

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

I'm going to bring a 12 pk of Coke Zero on our LOS trip in August. People would jump over board if they had to be around me for a whole week with no caffeine 😂. And those bar soda guns just don't have the right taste. It's fine I guess for a mixer but to drink plain I've always thought it tastes like there is not enough syrup in it. JMO

Oh and I'm not a coffee or tea drinker so Soda is my drug of choice😉

So I'm confused, from what I've read they will not allow any water, soda etc. to be brought on board. So are you just packing in your checked bags and hoping they don't take it? Or will they let you bring it in a carry on? So many differing opinions.

So I'm confused, from what I've read they will not allow any water, soda etc. to be brought on board. So are you just packing in your checked bags and hoping they don't take it? Or will they let you bring it in a carry on? So many differing opinions.

Water and soda are technically prohibited, but almost always allowed. At some ports, the porters will take a case of water with a luggage tag, other ports they won't. We put the water in luggage and check it, and it is rarely detained.

They also have Powerade at the ice cream shop but it was $3.75 a bottle if irc. I did notice that you could buy a separate package deal on the flyer in the room but it seemed as expensive as the avion water package. Didn't know about the squeeze bar, that's good info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

When you enter the pool deck on 11 from the aft elevators, go left to Squeeze bar. They have Powerade there. Just on Liberty this past week.

Is the squeeze bar included in the refreshment package? Is the powerade included in the refreshment package? I do not like the powerade type drinks but my Dd and Dh do and it would be great because they are both sweat heavily.

We were told and have done it once before to just put it in a small duffle bag and put a room tag on it and it was delivered. I think as long as you're not bringing massive quantities it's no big deal. Now if i was selling it out of my cabin lol they wouldn't be happy!

Is the squeeze bar included in the refreshment package? Is the powerade included in the refreshment package? I do not like the powerade type drinks but my Dd and Dh do and it would be great because they are both sweat heavily.

Yes and yes.

Officially, they say NO beverages of ANY kind. They really only care about booze....except for those 2 bottles of wine (don't know why wine is accepted....it gets me drunk faster than anything!)...a few sodas or water (although there is PLENTY of FREE WATER on the ship...same stuff as in those nasty bottles!)...is overlooked 99% of the time. Bring a few poweraids if you want.

My recent experience on the Liberty.....

There were two families for a total of 6 in our party. I packed two 12 packs of soda in 2 30 gallon trash bags, then packed that in a small duffle. The valet just took my bag and put it on the cart. He may have known what was in there, or maybe not, but either way it went on. It arrived at my room with the rest of my luggage.

My friend on the other hand did some last minute shopping and showed up with two loose 6 packs and a small case of water. They refused it as checked luggage, but told him to stick as much in their carry ons, and that would be ok.

They indicated they are more afraid of cans getting damaged and leaking all over others luggage, then of it being brought on board.