Hotel Suggestions for Ft Lauderdale.

mimxmom

I don't know what your budget is like, but we stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites last year. I don't think it gets much attention on here because it's only a 3-star hotel, but we thought it was a very nice stay. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port. We drove down there and they even provide long-term cruise parking and their shuttle brought us back to their parking lot after the cruise. They also provide day rooms for anyone returning from a cruise in the morning, but don't have a flight out until later. We cruised with members of my wife's family. They flew and their flight home didn't leave until around 3pm, so they were able to rent a day room for a few hours after the cruise.

If that isn't to your taste, check over on the Florida Departures board, under North American Homeports. They cover these questions daily. EM

This x2. There is a sub-board for Fla. departures with several threads for hotels. I have never stayed at any of them since I live here but lots of others have commented. Enjoy your trip.

Fort Lauderdqle is our favorite port and we have stayed at the Hyatt Place, Embassy Suites and Hilton Marina; all on 17th street right near the port. All were good and provided services like you describe. Some may have had additional fees for transfers, you will need to check with the hotel and factor in any costs they may have. Our stays at all three of these has been great, but our favorite is the Hilton Marina because it is right on the water way and the water taxi stops there. So, we can walk out of the hotel and take the water taxi anywhere we want to go in Ft Lauderdale, beaches, Las Olas, etc. We usually come in a day or two early to enjoy Ft. Lauderdale and this works for us, may or may not be what you are looking for. ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!