Where Can I store Luggage at Pier In Seattle?

AF-1

My cruise ends in Seattle and my flight is not until 11pm that night. So I plan to sightsee in Seattle for the day; does Pier 91 have luggage storage. I don't think I can get the luggage valet program; I believe you have to have a flight between 11am-7pm. Any suggestions?

Cruise Terminals of America

(206) 787-3911

2001 West Garfield Street

Seattle, WA 98119

I called Cruise Terminals in Seattle. They do NOT have any self storage lockers. BUT the woman told me to call Edgewater Hotel. This hotel WILL store your luggage for $5.00 PER BAG (she believes) for whenever, however long you need. You do NOT need a hotel room for this service. Again, per the woman on the phone at Cruise Terminal. I've included Edgewater's info. below.

The Edgewater

Address: 2411 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98121

Phone: (206) 728-7000

There's nothing on the new port valet service about an end time - just a start time of flights 11am or later so they have time to get bags to the airport. I'd call them to double-check, just in case, because if you can use this free service it's an absolute no-brainer best option for you.

Just an FYI -- the Edgewater is nowhere near the debarkation port...you'd have to cab it to there & back & then get to the airport....there must be a better option.

The hotel is 2 1/2 miles away! That is VERY CLOSE to the Pier 91. And if it's the only option available, then a short cab ride might be worth it.

Everyone thanks for the great info. I am hoping that someone who has sailed on Emerald Princess can give me the scoop. Celebrity cruiseline has definite time constraints. 11am-7pm. I will post on Princess website and see what happens. I will call Edgewater hotel.

When faced with this kind of issue we normally just rent a car. We can then store our luggage, including carry on stuff, in the trunk...and later use the car to get out to the airport. Since we no longer have to pay for airport transfers...the rental car often pays for itself with the money saved on transfers..

Hank

When faced with this kind of issue we normally just rent a car. We can then store our luggage, including carry on stuff, in the trunk...and later use the car to get out to the airport. Since we no longer have to pay for airport transfers...the rental car often pays for itself with the money saved on transfers..

Hank

Hank, that is good advice. Thank you

• 4 years later...
On 6/21/2017 at 7:34 AM, AF-1 said:

My cruise ends in Seattle and my flight is not until 11pm that night. So I plan to sightsee in Seattle for the day; does Pier 91 have luggage storage. I don't think I can get the luggage valet program; I believe you have to have a flight between 11am-7pm. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem.  My flight is 10PM.  I signed up for Port Valet.  The confirmation email I got said:

*If you are flying Southwest Airlines, please note that your departing flight must be between 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM on the day of the ships arrival.

Unfortunately, my flight is with Southwest.  

I found another solution.  I am going to take my luggage to the airport and store them there.  There is a service by SmarteCarte.  It is located on the arrivals level of Baggage Claim 9.  There is a light rail that connect the airport to the city.  Seems to be quite convenient to do all the sightseeing without a car.  

1 minute ago, lionkellyng said:

I have the same problem.  My flight is 10PM.  I signed up for Port Valet.  The confirmation email I got said:

*If you are flying Southwest Airlines, please note that your departing flight must be between 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM on the day of the ships arrival.

I found another solution.  I am going to take my luggage to the airport and store them there.  There is a service by SmarteCarte.  It is located on the arrivals level of Baggage Claim 9.  There is a light rail that connect the airport to the city.  Seems to be quite convenient to do all the sightseeing without a car.  

Forgot to mention, best to sign up for the transfer from ship to airport through Princess Cruise. 

55 minutes ago, lionkellyng said:

Please don't bump up five year old threads.  More often or not they contain outdated information.

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 4:50 AM, ColeThornton said:

Please don't bump up five year old threads.  More often or not they contain outdated information.

Thanks.

Didn't pay attention to the date.  Thanks for pointing that out.