No compensation for a missed port of call.

RnB

Thanks, all.

In 2012 Celebrity Reflection had to miss Tenerife Canary Islands. Every cabin received a $200 onboard credit in addition to refund of port charges, Guess we were just lucky that time. Or maybe some lines care more about customer relations than others.

We've always seen a refund in port fees when we've missed a port. And yes, the company is charged a fee even when using its own tenders, such as at Princess Cays. We've missed that twice and have seen the credit on our statements for the refund.

On the Sun Princess, we got a generous captain give us extra onboard credit for being late to St. Thomas by several hours. It was unexpected, but the cause was a mechanical issue that kept us in Port Everglades until late evening. We also got diverted to assist the Coast Guard for a few hours.

Check out the Nationwide Luxury Cruise Policy. It has some great coverages for the usual items, medical etc, but has some Cruise specific items as well. One item is a missed port for any reason. We missed a port on a DCL cruise in January and DW and I got $500 total from the policy, the policy cost us around $250 total. Was very pleased with the customer service. I will definitely use them again.

Thanks, all.

In 2012 Celebrity Reflection had to miss Tenerife Canary Islands. Every cabin received a $200 onboard credit in addition to refund of port charges, Guess we were just lucky that time. Or maybe some lines care more about customer relations than others.

Was it due to weather? Most lines give compensation if they miss a port due to technical issues, but not for weather, as it's beyond their control.

I couldn't understand Celebrity Infinity leaving Bilbao late October 2013.

The Captain claimed he was told by the suits in Miami that it would be safer at sea, rather than being bashed against the harbour wall. We endured 40-50 waves and literally slid up and down the bed as the ship pitched and rolled.

The following morning we noticed one of the MDR windows had imploded.

A number of passenger broke bones.

You should be grateful the Captain stayed in the shelter of Southampton.

Hmmmm... Sounded like Celebrity was more interested in the condition of their ship than the safety of their passengers.

I just looked back at my onboard account bill from 2012. The ship missed Guernsey due to weather too. I didn't get any port charges refunded for the missed port at all. I don't know why and I double-checked it to make sure. ???

The seas were completely flat and there wasn't much wind at all but the captain said a "strong system" was on it's way and it would make tendering too hard at the end of the day.

Smart captain!

We went ashore by tender at Geraldton, Western Australia, on a morning with calm seas and no wind. A cold front came through faster than expected and by the time we boarded the tender back to the ship the seas were very choppy. :eek: