Why the extra $ pp for a suite?

jayscore

In most cases it is a larger space for one thing....so it takes more time. When we did a suite one time and had our sons in the room with us, I "unmade" the bed and returned couch each morning so we could enjoy the sitting area....I have seen it left it as a bed all cruise. So each night my steward had to start all over. He got extra....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In most cases it is a larger space for one thing....so it takes more time. When we did a suite one time and had our sons in the room with us, I "unmade" the bed and returned couch each morning so we could enjoy the sitting area....I have seen it left it as a bed all cruise. So each night my steward had to start all over. He got extra....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Other cruise lines will put the couch back during the day, and bed at night, without a tip needed. It looks like you did his work for him in the morning so I would have given less of a tip, not more. Since you did force him to do his job in the evening.

• 3 weeks later...

I Was wondering this same thing. We're heading out on our...like 6th suite cruise and I just found out that the gratuities are higher. I'm going to request that they do the couch/bed thing everyday. Haven't had a couch in ages..

Other cruise lines will put the couch back during the day, and bed at night, without a tip needed. It looks like you did his work for him in the morning so I would have given less of a tip, not more. Since you did force him to do his job in the evening.

Wow -- so you have an expectation that the staff on Carnival has to follow the "rules" for other cruise lines. Since they didn't, the passenger has done the work for them and the tip should be reduced. Love the use of the word "force" as well -- great way to treat others.

Definitely an interesting way to approach this -- not sure I would do it the same way but that is OK as we are all different.

Wow -- so you have an expectation that the staff on Carnival has to follow the "rules" for other cruise lines. Since they didn't, the passenger has done the work for them and the tip should be reduced. Love the use of the word "force" as well -- great way to treat others.

Definitely an interesting way to approach this -- not sure I would do it the same way but that is OK as we are all different.

consider the source.

I would have simply asked them to put the couch away and if they did then they would have gotten an extra tip - if they didn't and I had to do it myself well then I would reduce the tip I was going to give them